Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Looking at purchasing a game, and have found these 2 sellers:

https://www.gameslore.com
https://www.theboardgamehut.co.uk

Anyone have any problems with these sites?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renate Cloake
United Kingdom
Worthing
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Lore is a long established company and I've bought things from them in the past without any issue.

The Board Game Hut looks familiar but I don't think I've ever used them. Looking at the contact details they're a new limited company (formed in May 16), but they may have been trading as something else previously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Langford
United Kingdom
Burntwood
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gameslore is a great company to deal with. I have been doing so for 6 years and they have never let me down.

Super people, great service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Martos
United Kingdom
Basildon
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
+1 for Gameslore

Always Awesome service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered from Gameslore many times and they are excellent. I have ordered twice from Boardgame Hut in the past 6 months or so and have no complaints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Greenwell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've placed lots of orders with Games Lore without any problems, would recommend them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Lore are excellent. I have ordered numerous items with no problems at all.

Board Games Extras are also excellent. http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Lore and BoardGameGuru for me, always great service and price from both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virgil Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered from both companies, with games arriving quickly. Where they differ is the customer service: BoardGameHut respond very quickly to queries, but clog your inbox with marketing emails subsequently. GamesLore don't spam, but also take an unacceptably long time to reply to messages, to the point that I now don't buy from them (still no reply to a message sent in mid-October).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Lore have never let me down. Placed a couple of orders recently and both arrived quickly, well packaged, and got dispatch emails and tracking details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Virgil_Smith wrote:
I've ordered from both companies, with games arriving quickly. Where they differ is the customer service: BoardGameHut respond very quickly to queries, but clog your inbox with marketing emails subsequently. GamesLore don't spam, but also take an unacceptably long time to reply to messages, to the point that I now don't buy from them (still no reply to a message sent in mid-October).

Hi Virgil, sorry you haven't heard back from us, your message may have gone into a spam box, please feel free to call or email us again. Our phone number is 03300 245641 or 01952 587068 and there's generally someone answering between 9am and 5pm or so. Rgds, Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Teixeira
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I tend to use:
Shire Games
Spirit Games
Gameslore
Boardgameguru

Used them all many,many times and would recommend them all.

I did like Heron Games, they have gone now which is a shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gameslore wrote:
Virgil_Smith wrote:

Hi Virgil, sorry you haven't heard back from us, your message may have gone into a spam box, please feel free to call or email us again. Our phone number is 03300 245641 or 01952 587068 and there's generally someone answering between 9am and 5pm or so. Rgds, Paul.
There was an article today on The Guardian or maybe BBC website saying that everyone should check their spam-box now and again - daily was the recommendation. I recommend that recommendation - managing your incoming email is YOUR job, not your customers'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
gameslore wrote:
Virgil_Smith wrote:

There was an article today on The Guardian or maybe BBC website saying that everyone should check their spam-box now and again - daily was the recommendation. I recommend that recommendation - managing your incoming email is YOUR job, not your customers'.

I cleared my junk mail last night, there are now 2155 emails in it in around 12 hours, is checking it really thought practical?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gameslore wrote:
enoon wrote:
gameslore wrote:
Virgil_Smith wrote:

I cleared my junk mail last night, there are now 2155 emails in it in around 12 hours, is checking it really thought practical?
Depends on how many genuine customer emails you don't mind missing, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:

Gameslore, excellent service on every order I have placed with them. If an email goes awol once in a blue moon then i'm sure that giving them a call will resolve any issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
The only disappointments I've had from Games Lore are things being out of stock and other things outside their control.

Board Game Extras are also excellent, particularly their very low shipping for small items to other European countries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
These days - with EU consumer protection legislation - you can buy with certainty from any etailer in terms of getting what you pay for. boardgameprices.co.uk is the place to check prices and availability. Some traders (Wayland Games, for example) do offer items they don't - and can't - get in stock, but you can just buy on price from most everyone; service levels are pretty much the same - just check the shipping costs and get the best deal: "reliability" is guaranteed by Paypal and or your credit card. Let price be your guide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
asobu wrote:
enoon wrote:
Gameslore, excellent service on every order I have placed with them. If an email goes awol once in a blue moon then i'm sure that giving them a call will resolve any issues.
When my email goes awol that's 100% of my emails; it may be 0.05% of theirs, but it's 100% of mine - I move on and buy on price (taking account of shipping costs, of course). Any of the top 10 (20?) etailers will offer the same service - no-one has to pay extra for illusory "service". Order, pay, get; not get? Get refund. It's easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
These days - with EU consumer protection legislation - you can buy with certainty from any etailer in terms of getting what you pay for. boardgameprices.co.uk is the place to check prices and availability. Some traders (Wayland Games, for example) do offer items they don't - and can't - get in stock, but you can just buy on price from most everyone; service levels are pretty much the same - just check the shipping costs and get the best deal: "reliability" is guaranteed by Paypal and or your credit card. Let price be your guide.

Well, I support your right to go for the cheapest option. I do not agree that reliability is guaranteed by Paypal or your cc...Paypal being notorious for a 'not my problem guv' attitude towards their customers/victims.

I continue to support the retailers who have provided me with great service, and if that means paying a small amount more then so be it. Price and Value are not the same thing, and cheap often mean questionable business ethics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
asobu wrote:
Well, I support your right to go for the cheapest option. I do not agree that reliability is guaranteed by Paypal or your cc...Paypal being notorious for a 'not my problem guv' attitude towards their customers/victims.
Paypal are notorious for supporting the buyer against the seller. I'm speaking here as a buyer - which is the position from which the OP asks his question.. You are safe buying on price alone. I agree 'safety' <> 'reliability', but when talking colloquially the difference is not great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Wilson
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've spent more money at Gameslore than I care to add up over the last few years, and have never had an issue. They are always the first place I look when shopping for a new game. Highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.