Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Howard
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All,
I'm new to board games and would like to find a small group of people that don't really enjoy playing games at bars and such and was hoping to find a group of people that would like to play semi-regularly in Brooklyn. I'm located in crown heights and would be willing to host but that can be figured out later.
Want to get a small group going and vote on what game to play first, if it's one that none of us have I'm willing to expand my collection and buy it.
If you are interested shoot me a message or reply and we can get this going! I'll start some sort of group chat. (Maybe text, maybe Slack or something else).
Really motivated to get this going!

Thanks,
Nick

Edit: Just picked up 7 Wonders: Duel so even if one person is interested in BK that could be fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Stein
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey Nick,

There are two shops with regular gaming nights that are worth checking out near you.

Nu Brand Gaming, 31st and 5th ave in Brooklyn, they have a facebook group to sync up games, I'm there most weds and fri nights. https://www.facebook.com/groups/nubrandgamingopenplay/

Also Brooklyn Strategist, union and sackett in brooklyn, www.thebrooklynstrategist.com, I haven't been there in quite some time and its more kid focused but may be worth looking into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Violet Mackerel
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in North Brooklyn, so my commute time to Crown Heights would probably be long. Which subway are you near? I'd love to have a group I could get to but don't really want to sit on a train for an hour to get there. Might be fun to meet up at The Brooklyn Strategist, too. Or there's one in my neck of the woods, near the Lorimer G stop, called Twenty Sided Store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the number trains area (2,3,4,5) and possibly the A and C.

I'd might be interested. I live down south near Coney Island, but it's on the way home for me Lemme know if anything does start up! I'll be willing to contribute as necessary from my meager collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Howard
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey thanks for the replies!

So yes I'm about a 5 minute walk from the 2,3,4,5 and about a 10ish minute walk from the A,C.
I'm also not a big bus person but there is a line that goes from my block to the north Brooklyn area.

I also just learned that there is a bar in the area that hosts a board game night every Wednesday from 6-11. Like I said I'm not great at just walking over to a group of people in a bar but I may give it a try if anyone else is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you try speaking with the owner of the bar. If they are the ones who organized it, they can probably give you a sense of who's there and probably introduce you to the people there to get yourself in that way. Otherwise, hopefully they might be able to get you into contact with the person organizing it so you can reach out and get to know the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Howard
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great advice. Well if any of you other guys are interested as well the bar in The Berg'n and it's located in Crown/Prospect Heights.

I believe they play every Wednesday from 6-11ish.

I've been to the bar before by chance on a game night and it looked like a pretty big turn out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Violet Mackerel
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll let you know if I can make it to the neighborhood some time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe B
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
NFHoward wrote:

I also just learned that there is a bar in the area that hosts a board game night every Wednesday from 6-11. Like I said I'm not great at just walking over to a group of people in a bar but I may give it a try if anyone else is interested.

I'm a little late to this party, but I'm a co-host at the Wednesday meetup at Berg'n.

I'll be there next week (1/4) so come by and say hello. I'll be sitting next to the pile of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.