United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG posted a new FAQ today, to go into effect 10/24/16 (in time for Worlds).

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c8/0c...

A number of major items got errata, including:
Deadeye is now small ship only (no more U-Boats)
Heavy Scyk now increases hull by one
Cluster Mines now trigger on crits (as well as hits)

Also, definite rules for obstacles with Tractor Beam and new rules for attempting to execute a red maneuver while stressed (do a 2 white straight).

New clarification on Biggs too - You aren't obligated to pick a weapon that can target him, even if you have one. If you pick a weapon that can't target him, it works as normal.

By and large, I think these look like really positive changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My only regret is that Heavy Scyk fix does nothing for the regular Scyk.

I don't really think the U-boat nerf with Deadeye was required, but at least we will hear less bitching about it on the forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like all these changes, especially Deadeye. Still plenty of good JumpMaster builds, but the simple efficiency of the 33-pointer is out. Yeah there were ways to beat triple JMs and party bus combos, but any time a single ship starts warping the meta around itself too much it's a good time for a change. Helps cut down on the problem of having to build a specialized list to deal with a build that you might not actually face.

Nice to see the Scyk get a little boost; not sure how much it'll help, but I might throw a couple in and see how it does.

Love the boost to Cluster Mines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
I like all these changes, especially Deadeye. Still plenty of good JumpMaster builds, but the simple efficiency of the 33-pointer is out. Yeah there were ways to beat triple JMs and party bus combos, but any time a single ship starts warping the meta around itself too much it's a good time for a change. Helps cut down on the problem of having to build a specialized list to deal with a build that you might not actually face.

But I don't think ordnance JMs were really a problem: they only really took over the meta for what, a month after they came out? Since then they have held a relatively minor place in the meta, especially after the R4 Agromech nerf. I didn't play around with u-boats much, but running a couple in a list was a fun option.

And this doesn't really address the major player that's warping the meta right now: Dengaroo. The JumpMaster 15k in its current state (until later this month) is just a way to mess around with ordnance, and doesn't really affect the game that much at all. In a few more days, I don't think we'll see them at all.

FFG cured a hangnail by amputating an arm... too bad about the cancer they ignored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.M. Woggle-Bug, T.E.
msg tools
Royal College of Arts and Athletic perfection
badge
Inventor of Knowledge Pills
mbmbmbmbmb
heychadwick wrote:

I don't really think the U-boat nerf with Deadeye was required...

What far away alien world do you come from? It's definitely an imperial loyalist system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.