Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thing will eventually fall apart after repeated assemblies and tear downs.

I want to glue it together for permanent assembly but then there's a new problem of it not fitting in the box without a custom insert, even with the Münster laying on its side. The box needs to be about 3mm deeper.

How is everyone dealing with this thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I taped it together on the inside and bottom, then ditched the insert. With the board laying on the bottom, no problems. I also store the game flat on the shelf.

Really enjoying this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny van den Bergh
Netherlands
Roosendaal
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the board doesn't fill the entire length of the box there is room to put the cathedral. Or at least there is in my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Wisconsin Rapids
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be fine if I store my games flat or don't take transport them.
Neither of these things are true.

My games are stored vertically and I transport them in a bag (vertically). If I just set it in there, the board is bound to slide around, crushing the Ulmer Münster.

I need to build a custom foam insert that locks both the board and the Ulmer Münster in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Voisin
United States
Lockport
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
why glue it to the base, once the sides are glued it just drops into the base when ever needed. Meaning, I glued the church parts together but it sits in the box nice, the base just goes were ever. On it's side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Kubinski
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
fastattaq wrote:
I need to build a custom foam insert that locks both the board and the Ulmer Münster in place.

Did it :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.