3 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules question - Spoilers up until October rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Nilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick minor question regarding the search track mechanism.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We happen to have 2 active searches (The immunologist and patient zero) that both have to be searched for in the same city. Our ground zero city (Sydney) is also the only rioting faded city we have. The point I'm looking for clarification on is: I assume you can have to pick which search track you are searching while in that city? It seems like it would be too cheap to get to advance both search tracks with a single action. If I am correct then it would be impossible for us to complete both of those search tracks in a single month (12 red cities, 17 searches across those two search tracks without time ticking on).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
mikenilson wrote:
A quick minor question regarding the search track mechanism.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We happen to have 2 active searches (The immunologist and patient zero) that both have to be searched for in the same city. Our ground zero city (Sydney) is also the only rioting faded city we have. The point I'm looking for clarification on is: I assume you can have to pick which search track you are searching while in that city? It seems like it would be too cheap to get to advance both search tracks with a single action. If I am correct then it would be impossible for us to complete both of those search tracks in a single month (12 red cities, 17 searches across those two search tracks without time ticking on).

Yes, you can only do one at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look for ways to make the searches more efficient by meeting bonus conditions (varies by search, e.g. other players / bases in the location). There's also binoculars (equipment). Look for ways to reuse cards (rivals can pick up each other's discards for a high cost, soldier can pick up discarded equipment, etc.). It wouldn't be easy, but it's not impossible to complete both those searches in the same game.

There's also the possibility that you complete one search but lose the early October game, then do the other in late October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.