GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,045 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Guess what's illegal again! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The secret to making false statements while under oath is to prefix them with "I don't remember".
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Now that the DOJ and FBI have announced they won't pursue charges against Hillary Clinton, they can now pretend that making false statements during a federal investigation into a leak of classified information is actually illegal again!

I guess they found some "unreasonable prosecutors."


"Yeah but retroactive classification and this one was already known" and so forth.

I mean, it's a bad argument that doesn't apply to how classified information works, but it's an argument we'll see.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Now that the DOJ and FBI have announced they won't pursue charges against Hillary Clinton, they can now pretend that making false statements during a federal investigation into a leak of classified information is actually illegal again!

I guess they found some "unreasonable prosecutors."


"Yeah but retroactive classification and this one was already known" and so forth.

I mean, it's a bad argument that doesn't apply to how classified information works, but it's an argument we'll see.


99% of you RSP idiots have no idea how classified works.
If you did, EVERY ONE of you would think Clinton should be in jail.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Cartwright falsely told investigators that he was not the source of classified information contained in a book by New York Times journalist David Sanger, according to charging documents unsealed by prosecutors.


There is a difference between leaving classified info on your coffee table where anyone can see it and handing a classified folder to someone saying "here's some classified information for your book".



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
Quote:
Cartwright falsely told investigators that he was not the source of classified information contained in a book by New York Times journalist David Sanger, according to charging documents unsealed by prosecutors.


There is a difference between leaving classified info on your coffee table where anyone can see it and handing a classified folder to someone saying "here's some classified information for your book".





Both sound like incorrect handling of classified.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Both sound like incorrect handling of classified.

That is, however, a completely different charge. Similar to the difference between leaving a gun on your table inside your own house and walking down the street to a school and shooting someone.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Now that the DOJ and FBI have announced they won't pursue charges against Hillary Clinton, they can now pretend that making false statements during a federal investigation into a leak of classified information is actually illegal again!

I guess they found some "unreasonable prosecutors."


"Yeah but retroactive classification and this one was already known" and so forth.

I mean, it's a bad argument that doesn't apply to how classified information works, but it's an argument we'll see.


99% of you RSP idiots have no idea how classified works.
If you did, EVERY ONE of you would think Clinton should be in jail.


I know how it works, and (shock) I agree with the director of the FBI that this isn't an indictable offense.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Now that the DOJ and FBI have announced they won't pursue charges against Hillary Clinton, they can now pretend that making false statements during a federal investigation into a leak of classified information is actually illegal again!

I guess they found some "unreasonable prosecutors."


"Yeah but retroactive classification and this one was already known" and so forth.

I mean, it's a bad argument that doesn't apply to how classified information works, but it's an argument we'll see.


99% of you RSP idiots have no idea how classified works.
If you did, EVERY ONE of you would think Clinton should be in jail.


I know how it works, and (shock) I agree with the director of the FBI that this isn't an indictable offense.


YOu say you know how it works, but then completely blow that out of the water.
Trust me, you dont get it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Now that the DOJ and FBI have announced they won't pursue charges against Hillary Clinton, they can now pretend that making false statements during a federal investigation into a leak of classified information is actually illegal again!

I guess they found some "unreasonable prosecutors."


"Yeah but retroactive classification and this one was already known" and so forth.

I mean, it's a bad argument that doesn't apply to how classified information works, but it's an argument we'll see.


99% of you RSP idiots have no idea how classified works.
If you did, EVERY ONE of you would think Clinton should be in jail.


You apparently missed that I was agreeing with you. laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Terwox wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Now that the DOJ and FBI have announced they won't pursue charges against Hillary Clinton, they can now pretend that making false statements during a federal investigation into a leak of classified information is actually illegal again!

I guess they found some "unreasonable prosecutors."


"Yeah but retroactive classification and this one was already known" and so forth.

I mean, it's a bad argument that doesn't apply to how classified information works, but it's an argument we'll see.


99% of you RSP idiots have no idea how classified works.
If you did, EVERY ONE of you would think Clinton should be in jail.


I know how it works, and (shock) I agree with the director of the FBI that this isn't an indictable offense.


YOu say you know how it works, but then completely blow that out of the water.
Trust me, you dont get it.


Trust me, you don't get it.

Hey, that's easy to say! I think I'll say it again.

Trust me, you don't get it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
Quote:
Cartwright falsely told investigators that he was not the source of classified information contained in a book by New York Times journalist David Sanger, according to charging documents unsealed by prosecutors.


There is a difference between leaving classified info on your coffee table where anyone can see it and handing a classified folder to someone saying "here's some classified information for your book".


From a strict security perspective no, not so much.

Both amount to unauthorized disclosure.



Ferret
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.