Hide
4 Posts

Inis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing new clans when there are no more clans in reserve rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Delmar
msg tools
During a recent game a player played Kernunos' sanctuary, a card that allows you to place 1 clan and 1 sanctuary in a territory that you are present in and that has no sanctuaries.

This player however had no clan figures in reserve and opted instead to move a figure from one territory to the one that she played Kernunos' Sanctuary on.

Now, the reminder on page 7 of the rulebook tells us that "when a player plays a card that states "place 1 clan," he takes these clans from his own reserve, not from another player's reserve." Page 3 says on clan figures that "If a player has all 12 of his figures on the board, he cannot recruit more clans until some of them have been returned to his reserve."

My interpretation is that the action of the aforementioned player isn't allowed based on what is stated above, but I'm not 100% sure. Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are right, that's the point of the rule p. 3, if all your clans are on the island, you can't place any. You don't get to take clans from other territories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Delmar
msg tools
Thanks for the reply. My group really loves Inis and I can't wait for our next session!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kris wrote:
Yes, you are right, that's the point of the rule p. 3, if all your clans are on the island, you can't place any. You don't get to take clans from other territories.

Wow, I looked everywhere for that rule. Didn't expect it in the components description!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.