Subject: Uneven amount of turns? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to check I'm playing this correctly. If someone spends enough courage in the location top-right on the board they can overcome an encounter in a different location. I was playing a four-player game and this happened a few times. It ended up with quite a wonky deck. On the last refresh there was one card only, and so it ended up that player one got one extra turn. Have I done that right? Seems a bit unfair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That can happen. Also, if the first player token gets moved around in a certain way, you can have players miss their turn. I agree it's a little wonky but does give the first player map token more importance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but I don't see it as unfair. It's a reward for saving courage tokens and playing the ability efficiently. The spot is very powerful, but it's equally available to everyone in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh well, at least I played it right. I might experiment by adding the leftover adventures to the side of the board somewhere and then that location can only choose from those adventures.

Thanks for the replies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob van Zyl
South Africa
cape town
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In that case, the player with the Map would have only one choice. Under the description of the Map, it states that the player with Map may give it to another player at the beginning of the round. The new player would then be forced to take the last Encounter ( the player with the Map begins the round).
The cards would then be refreshed after their turn, and proceed from the player to the left of the first player.
Or simply, the turn order for the round is determined by the player with the Map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.