Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Stockton
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed this on Kickstarter for my 8 year old daughter.

She and I play board games every night before bedtime.

To give you some perspective, she plays Carcassonne, Sushi Go, Ticket to Ride, Takenoko, Parfum, Legendary: Marvel, Terror in Maple City, Dice City, Broom Service and King of Tokyo regularly. She also loves pretty much anything from HABA or Gamewright.

In addition to the above, she still loves "traditional" kids games like Uno, Chutes and Ladders, Pretty Pretty Princess, Candy Land and so forth but she is starting to fade on those.

We finally played Butterfly Garden last night (2 full games) and she gave it a big thumbs up. She said she liked that it was a pretty theme but had "real game stuff" like victory points. (She makes her father proud.)

As a boardgamegeek dad, I also thought it was a solid game. I don't know that I would play this with anyone outside of my daughter (mainly for thematic reason) but I think this is a nice game for us to play together that I enjoy playing with her.

There are some good strategy decisions to make and its very easy to teach to new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.