Martians: A Story of Civilization» Forums » General

Subject: Essen is behind us! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RedImp Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
There is a lot of questions about the rules and some mistakes in the rulebook. In the days to come we are going to write an official document correcting all the inconsistencies.

For now the most important thing is that the entire issue has been printed – it was ready before the Essen fair. As soon as the remaining miniatures are manufactured we start sending the copies of the game to you. Tomorrow we will start answering your questions on the BGG forum, too.
We would also like to know about any mistakes you find or anything that is unclear for you in the first version of rulebook (send it to our official e-mail address, do not post it as comments). Our aim is to create – with your help – a FAQ to the current version of rulebook and then a second, corrected version of rulebook that will be uploaded on BGG and our site.

The most important issues seem to be:

1. During the game preparation we do not place the upgrade token on the first action field from the left in the Greenhouses. That spot remains empty, and the upgrade tokens are placed only on the second and third field.

2. The number of crops tiles in the box is 6 (2 of each kind), not 8, as the rulebook wrongly suggests.

3. The number of gray astronaut miniatures used in the Refugees scenario is 3. There was 4 of them in the campaign picture, which was wrong.

4. Regardless of the selected scenario always use events labeled 0. Events with other numbers are assigned to particular scenarios and they should be used as following the instructions on the scenario card.

5. The scenario numbers do not mean the order of playing them. We recommend playing the basic scenarios first: NNew schedule, Dust gremlins, Botanics capsule, Force field

Also some of you have not picked up your copies at Essen Spiel fair, despite the checked option of Essen pick up. We will contact you.
We are sorry for the confusion and any inconvenience, and we promise that we will do our best and make you proud of what we all have together achieved during the KS action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For the problems and issues regarding the game, this kind of feedback is very reassuring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick feedback!

The only question I still have concerns the gray astronauts.

In the scenario setup you place all three of them on the board.

And there is an event, which also places one.

Isn't it possible to need four, then?

I havn't played it, yet, so maybe there is an answer to this somewhere, but as of now, it seems a little weird to me at least.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krzysztof, et al,

Thank you for addressing these issues, and I'll certainly send you my write-up in the next week. Please forward to me a copy of the rules you sent to the printer, unless they're unchanged from the material you sent me last month.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Josephy
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick clarifications. This is reassuring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RedImp Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
Thank you for the quick feedback!

The only question I still have concerns the gray astronauts.

In the scenario setup you place all three of them on the board.

And there is an event, which also places one.

Isn't it possible to need four, then?

I havn't played it, yet, so maybe there is an answer to this somewhere, but as of now, it seems a little weird to me at least.

Bye
Thanee

The event card in that scenario says that the gray colonist miniature needs to be placed in the laboratory. When you are doing that, you have to follow the instruction included in the scenario: move a miniature from the landing pod to the laboratory. In case there are no gray colonists in the landing pod, move a gray colonist miniature from any other building; the players get to choose where to move it from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh... that explains it. Thank you very much!

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
an additional small error. Some scenarios requires the event deck 2 instead of the scenraio number. ( the polish version is correct)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.