$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
$30.00
The long and laborious process of scanning and printing out the various rules, charts, guides and scenarios got me thinking. And when I saw the GMT sales figures and noted that CC has only sold 13000 units (maybe thats just Europe, but still) I felt a slight indignation that the Jensens, Foleys and MacGowans of the world are not rolling in gigantic piles of money but probably having to actually get out of bed in the morning and work, and that.

So I wondered about the potential or possibility or, heck, maybe just fantasy of some kind of super deluxe 10 year anniversary Combat Commander, knowing full well that I would happily shell out for it, despite owning everything thats been released (not my first complete set of bought copies either, ahem).

Obviously it would be really awesome to have a consolidated rulebook incorporating the rules from the core sets, plus battle packs and additional content, along with the pitifully small FAQ along with some other custom reference charts. Come on, theyd have to do at least a few hours work copying and pasting! In a high quality bound book, or better yet as cards or ring bound sheets you would get in a custom swanky binder, or set of binders with cover art or embossed logo.

A set of CC art decorated deck boxes or card boxes that stored in a single larger box perhaps, some kind of slightly posher counter tray storage system as well, a stretchy line of sight elastic wire in camo or some kind of laser pointer.

What else would you include if you could, and just how many realistic replies could get them interested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacey Hager
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I think the coolest thing you could do with that idea would be to publish the game as it was originally intended -

24 maps
24 scenarios
6 factions

In other words combine Europe and Med. into one mega-game. That is how Chad envisioned the system from the start. Once the game was accepted by GMT, the practicalities of publishing dictated that we would have it split into two products. I've often thought how cool it would be to have it all in one go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yeah, I'd kind of considered it a given that a deluxe anniversary edition would include it all, I'd also include the battle packs and resistance though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C Faust
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shager wrote:

I think the coolest thing you could do with that idea would be to publish the game as it was originally intended -

24 maps
24 scenarios
6 factions

In other words combine Europe and Med. into one mega-game. That is how Chad envisioned the system from the start. Once the game was accepted by GMT, the practicalities of publishing dictated that we would have it split into two products. I've often thought how cool it would be to have it all in one go.

Love this idea as some sort of deluxe edition. But IIRC, the scenarios were added by GMT. Chad's original vision was just to include the (brilliant) RSG.

Spitballing here:

Put all the playbook scenarios on double sided cards to match all the others. (Band of Brothers just did this with their remastered series.)

Going with the three-ring binder idea, take a cue from ASL, dividers and the all-incorporated rule book plus scenario cards and the supplemental stuff, all perforated.

Some kind of suitcase or ammo box thingie that holds... everything.

Really going out on a limb into absurdistan:

How about all of the counters on blocks? Ultra Deluxe feel, and you can stand them up and have optional LOS rules to reveal them for additional fog of war.

Turn it into a miniatures system. Bigger map size to put the minis and terrain, of course.

Actually do it with live people and real weapons... oh wait. That's already been done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's good that you don't get carried away, Joe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.