Subject: Replayability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Bussmann
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
How is the replayability for this game? Does it get stale after awhile, or is there enough variety to keep you coming back?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In terms of environmental replayability, the location of treasures will change and the artifacts (and thereby their location) can change from game to game. You can also play on the opposite side of the board.

In terms of character/player variability, there's nothing that's unique or a new strategy choice besides what you buy from the card row or monsters you defeat.

It will play the same but some environmental changes will make it different from game to game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erskine Thompson
United States
Rome
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
In terms of environmental replayability, the location of treasures will change and the artifacts (and thereby their location) can change from game to game. You can also play on the opposite side of the board.

In terms of character/player variability, there's nothing that's unique or a new strategy choice besides what you buy from the card row or monsters you defeat.

It will play the same but some environmental changes will make it different from game to game.

That said, given 100 cards in the market deck, the changeable places for artifacts and secrets, PLUS the fact the board is double-sided, I certainly think the replay factor should be very good. Plus, there's certainly room for expansions, so I don't think replayability will be a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bussmann
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wright
United Kingdom
Modbury
Devon
flag msg tools
www.devondice.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hope theres enough here to replay until an expansion is released.

I wait in hope whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Carzima
United States
East Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What am I missing ?

According to the rulebook Setup section, the artifacts are placed on specific areas on the board.
Therefore they are not changeable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
templar wrote:
What am I missing ?

According to the rulebook Setup section, the artifacts are placed on specific areas on the board.
Therefore they are not changeable.

That is true, but each game you randomly choose some to be omitted, so like the 30 point one will not always be in there. All the question marl items are randomly placed though and remain a mystery until you pick them up.

This is definitely my new favorite game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.