Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
369 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Part Replacement Status for North American, Lost Shipment, no shipment and other problems. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the game is global I figured I would create this thread so people in North America (Canada, United States, and Mexico) could report when they get a tracking number from Ship Naked, and when they receive their package. Perhaps a few comments about quality of packaging, etc. could help too.

Looking forward to the game and it would be great to see who gets their copy first.
Like many I am very eager to get the game on the playing table and although I don't expect it to be here before Friday, my game group would love it if I showed up on Friday with the game in my hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: North American Shipping, Tracking, and Package received news
Thread subject is such a tease. Here I leave with board game blue balls. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Williamson
United States
St. Louis
MO - Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is already a thread for ship notices but toward the bottom of the page...

Sad thing is a number of people in the states have posted in the Kick starter comment section that they had previous experience dealing with ship naked and there was a
lot of problems.. (missing shipments, poorly packed items and other things)

Plus I know they said shipping would start on the 10th.. Then the 13th.. Now its the 17th and seen no one post any information about someone getting a shipping notice..

If Monolith new kick starter starts before I get my package, I plan to email them and tell them I would considered backing the project if I would have gotten may original one first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Genoside07 wrote:
I think there is already a thread for ship notices but toward the bottom of the page...

Sad thing is a number of people in the states have posted in the Kick starter comment section that they had previous experience dealing with ship naked and there was a
lot of problems.. (missing shipments, poorly packed items and other things)

Plus I know they said shipping would start on the 10th.. Then the 13th.. Now its the 17th and seen no one post any information about someone getting a shipping notice..

If Monolith new kick starter starts before I get my package, I plan to email them and tell them I would considered backing the project if I would have gotten may original one first.

I am not a Monolith apologist but you can look at the the threads where several people including myself said this project would take two years plus. They were naive but I don't think they were crooked. They said shipping would start on the 10th. The key word is start. Since we are talking about a large part of the planet receiving the game, I didn't take it that the game would ship everywhere at the same time. Many kickstarter games start the shipping in the U.S. and then other places. Since this is a French company I am not shocked that the first shipping happened in Europe so in fact the shipping did start on the 10th.

I wish everyone wouldn't be in such a rush to go doom and gloom. Ship Naked has had problems but so has Amazon, Fedex, USPS, and UPS. In fact show me a shipment without any bumps in the road with this number of packages. I can only think of one company I know where everyone will say they have had a positive experience. Stonemaier games is the one company releasing a few titles a year and things seem to have always been positive. I think of the Stonemaier success as an oddity more than an industry norm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hestis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Also, they did not say shipping would start on the 10th. They said shipping would start the week of the 10th, and it actually started earlier than that for European backers.

Ship Naked said we needed to have any address corrections in before the 17th, so again, people assumed that means they start shipping that day. There was literally someone in the KS comments at 5 am asking if anyone in the U.S. had gotten a shipping e-mail yet...

There will probably be some people that haven't gotten their pledge before the Mythic Battles KS begins, but you're most likely talking about a week or so. The product is in the hands of their distributors, and it's now up to them to get it out. Not really worth getting worked up about that small of a time discrepancy for the new one starting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
The package I got in the mail was huge (food processor sized box) but relatively light for a microwave oven or the likes.

It contained 2 huge boxes the size of Dark Darker Darkest if you remember / own that one. I mean to say they're huge for boardgaming boxes.

The mini's are fixed in plastic trays, inside another level of cardboard boxes except for the biggest, those are just fixed in plastic trays.

Around the boxes (and small expansion boxes) there was bubble-wrap but not the tiny bubbles, huge bubbles.

It was solid, properly packed for international transport. No complaints.

Only small "damage" to one corner of one of the two big boxes but nothing significant or unexpected.

I' m very happy with how it arrived. For reference, I got another kickstarter: Viceroy a while back and those guys didn't get it right in 3 times! I got the game, in a rather heavily damaged box, then 2 times a more-or-less heavy damaged replacement box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Hestis wrote:
Also, they did not say shipping would start on the 10th. They said shipping would start the week of the 10th, and it actually started earlier than that for European backers.

Ehrm, I'm from Europe, the game arrived here the same day I went to Essen Spiel thursday 13th of october.
I guess it was shipped from France or maybe UK? Didn't bother to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke with Ship Naked and I have used them for fulfillment in the past. They have always been reliable in my experiences. They told me that they are processing the packages and will be shipping shortly. So it seems as if they have spent the week packaging, boxing, and organizing and will be sending out a bulk shipment soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a couple KS deliver with ship naked before and I also had no problems with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike B Canada wrote:
I've had a couple KS deliver with ship naked before and I also had no problems with them.

Same. I've had some horrendous packing from Amazon on the other hand...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike B Canada wrote:

Same.

Normally the vocal few seem to be the ones with problems, people satisfied with their shipments tend to be silent. So don't get beat up too bad when you hear bad things about a shipping company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
How is this shipping? I have a mystery package coming to me via DHL Ecommerce and I can't think of what this could be...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Groesbeck
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
How is this shipping? I have a mystery package coming to me via DHL Ecommerce and I can't think of what this could be...

From the Ship Naked website:
Quote:
Which shipping carriers will you be using for our fulfillment?

We utilize a variety of shipping carriers depending on the size and scope of the shipment. These include USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, postal services around the globe, and various freight providers for large shipments. For Standard shipments, we always select the least costly, reliable carrier for your packages to keep your costs down. For Faster shipments and Express shipments.

So I guess that package you have coming could be Conan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Last package I got from ship naked was through dhl innovations. Which was some garbage like smartpost that made it take a week longer than it should have. That was a small game though. I think larger boxes are cheapest through standard fedex/usps/ups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have been nice if they had given a rough estimate of shipping timeline. For example, if they had said that shipping would occur during the four weeks starting with Oct 10, and that *my* shipment was estimated to go out during week 3 ... well, I would have been disappointed, but I'd at least be able to calibrate my expectations. As it is, we have the cable installer syndrome grown epic. Instead of a 12 hour window, it's a month-long window. Or maybe more -- but we don't know... Oh, and the rule book might be sent out sometime later; no estimate there, though.

Ah, well. Maybe I'll get the game before Thanksgiving, and the rules by Christmas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
It would have been nice if they had given a rough estimate of shipping timeline. For example, if they had said that shipping would occur during the four weeks starting with Oct 10, and that *my* shipment was estimated to go out during week 3 ... well, I would have been disappointed, but I'd at least be able to calibrate my expectations. As it is, we have the cable installer syndrome grown epic. Instead of a 12 hour window, it's a month-long window. Or maybe more -- but we don't know... Oh, and the rule book might be sent out sometime later; no estimate there, though.

Ah, well. Maybe I'll get the game before Thanksgiving, and the rules by Christmas?

Once it is in the shipper's hands every game company no longer has any power. So it is fantasy to think Monolith has a clue what Ship Naked is doing. Ship Naked was hired to ship and now Monolith has to trust that they will do there job. It is all now in the hands of Ship Naked.

I suspect people won't get any updates till Friday or next week if they are using the method of sorting, packing, printing labels and then after creating several pallets calling a delivery company to come and pickup up the packages with several trucks.

Everyone have a little patience. The end is near but it will be several weeks for some people. I would rather it take two more weeks and I get my package without any damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Williamson
United States
St. Louis
MO - Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't always want to come off negative.. but Ship Naked is a business.. If they make announcement then don't follow up with it.. that makes them look bad.. no matter what type of company they are..

We all want our stuff after a very long wait and seeing other people in other countries getting theirs just makes it that much worse.

If there is another delay.. there needs to be another announcement of what is going on.. Reapers is a great company that does a great job of communication. Backers have no questions on what is going on.

My other kickstarter is Robotech so I hope everyone understands my frustration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
Mike B Canada wrote:

Ditto. Two games shipped together from Amazon were the worst-packed and most damaged I've ever received from any shipper-seller.

The heavier of the two boxes virtually destroyed the "standard rectangular mass market" type game box just from rattling around on top of it with neither a cardboard sheet to separate them, nor more than a single piece of big-bubble packing which accomplished nothing more than surviving with its air still contained.

I'll buy games from any alternative source before trusting Amazon again.

Edit: was so intent upon venting my spleen re Amazon that I neglected to mention being entirely satisfied with my S N - handled games both in terms of timeliness and condition (with very good packing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
Mike B Canada wrote:

Ditto. Two games shipped together from Amazon were the worst-packed and most damaged I've ever received from any shipper-seller.

The heavier of the two boxes virtually destroyed the "standard rectangular mass market" type game box just from rattling around on top of it with neither a cardboard sheet to separate them, nor more than a single piece of big-bubble packing which accomplished nothing more than surviving with its air still contained.

Edit: was so intent upon venting my spleen re Amazon that I neglected to mention being entirely satisfied with my S N - handled games both in terms of timeliness and condition (with very good packing).

Just goes to show, in my opinion, that there's no way to know. I've bought 1000s of dollars of games from CSI, cardhaus, miniaturemarket, and Amazon, and have never had a package arrive damaged. I've had a few kickstarters arrive slightly damaged, but on the whole, they've arrived safely as well.

That doesn't invalidate people's poor experiences, but shows you can't really let it affect whom you buy from.

My dad won't buy a Ford because my grandfather's recently purchased Ford's roof flew off as he was driving it home. And yet there are millions of satisfied Ford owners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sooooo

The moral of the story is... Sometimes you're the fire hydrant, sometimes you're the dog?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirk Agathon wrote:
Barry Kendall wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:
Mike B Canada wrote:

Just goes to show, in my opinion, that there's no way to know. I've bought 1000s of dollars of games from CSI, cardhaus, miniaturemarket, and Amazon, and have never had a package arrive damaged. I've had a few kickstarters arrive slightly damaged, but on the whole, they've arrived safely as well.

Honestly, I haven't had a ton of damage from Amazon shipped games. Definitely some mashed corners and such. I've just had a bunch of games that were just placed in a loose box with a single air pack, and I've felt lucky that there wasn't more damage. I've also see photos of Amazon shipped games where a shipping label was just placed on the outside of the game box...without being placed in any other box. When you buy from CSI, etc., at least they are a game company that understands that the box condition matters to most gamers, but Amazon isn't necessarily the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
Becq wrote:

Once it is in the shipper's hands every game company no longer has any power. So it is fantasy to think Monolith has a clue what Ship Naked is doing. Ship Naked was hired to ship and now Monolith has to trust that they will do there job. It is all now in the hands of Ship Naked.

By "they" I meant Ship Naked, not Monolith. I fully realized that Monolith is out of the loop now. Even the last two updates are clearly from Ship Naked, and routed through Monolith.

So to recap, it would have been nice if Ship Naked had given us a little less than a roughly 672-hour shipping window. (Which, given that there have been no definitive reports of shipping notices during the first two weeks, has probably been extended to closer to 1008 hours.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think our '4 weeks of shipping' even starts until Ship Naked actually starts shipping.

I won't be getting anything else from Monolith as my patience has worn thin and we are still missing our online community where we can download scenarios for all of the addons i ordered.

I have a feeling the Artbook will be delayed into next fall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Groesbeck
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A backer in the Kickstarter comments, crstphr2, has reported getting a notice from Ship Naked that his shipping label has been created. Shipping via FedEx to Virginia in the US.

Edit: Rereading his comment looks like he didn't get a notice but saw that a label was created by looking at an app. His quote: "MyFedEx Delivery manager in my account. No notification"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesG wrote:
A backer in the Kickstarter comments, crstphr2, has reported getting a notice from Ship Naked that his shipping label has been created. Shipping via FedEx to Virginia in the US.

Edit: Rereading his comment looks like he didn't get a notice but saw that a label was created by looking at an app. His quote: "MyFedEx Delivery manager in my account. No notification"

Just checked mine. Not showing up in FedEx or UPS for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.