• [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
androids just updating now too £4.59

oo hybrid class too didnt notice that when i added rust.

update :1
1 room in...:-)
with : Hawthorn, master thorn and blood wood my guinea pigs

update :2
its a little odd you don't click on doors or search tokens... or is my app playing up :-)

update :3
my favorite D&D cartoon episode :-)"Quest of the Skeleton Warrior"

update 4: 2nd room in don't think we will survive a 3rd but bed time and regret nothing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Lundkvist
Sweden
flag msg tools
Nice, bought it now.
Seems like I'll have 42 stages with the expansions I have

edit: just want to add my opinion that I think that this is a fair price for an update that, at first glance, seems to add a lot to the game. Until further testing I am surprisingly positive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
4.99usd in Australia. Looking forward to seeing new tiles for Valkyrie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damjan Makuc
Slovenia
Idrija
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah! Now I just need to reserve time for Descent delving

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ermm oops did updating lose my previous kindred fire campaign? any one else get this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome price point, that's like 1€ per player if you play with 3 mates. Already bought it, now I just need to find time to play an "epic" Descent game. Let's see... 2h in FFG time are like 6h in normal time? Does anyone have any educated guesses how long one game might take? Also I'm extremely interested in how much XP and items one typically gets throughout a delve, as the PoD were kind of very restricting on that point.

Milarky wrote:
ermm oops did updating lose my previous kindred fire campaign? any one else get this?

Didn't try it out yet, but appearently steam added steam-cloud support. You might want to try if you still can access the save file on your computer or if you can upload it to steamcloud. Worst case scenario is that you accidently agreed to transform a vanilla-save from the cloud to your PC.

Try going through the local data and look for a save and make sure you are connected to the internet once you set the steamcloud to your save-location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
I played by myself with 2 heros last night. Took 3.5 hours, and I was moving the whole time and I can usually match the upper end of FFG times (even with a group). I think 2 hours is pure fantasy. Next time I will do one act per sitting, though annoyingly it doesn't save state and you may have damage/conditions and other things to track (on top of items, skills).

In my game I started with 1XP, got 1 for each minor stage (4) and 2 for the first boss (second boss ends the game).

Annoyingly the rule book hasn't updated, even though the game said to refer to the Delve section, so maybe there is something important here, maybe not.

I played on Normal and that was a mistake. I just rolled over the game, defeating most groups before they even activated. That said I am not sure what would even change on hard because there is no money and each section was over in a few rounds, so if there are peril like effects (into implies there are) I didn't see any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
The rulebook I downloaded yesterday was updated for The Delve. Perhaps if you check now you'll find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
foxreinard wrote:
The rulebook I downloaded yesterday was updated for The Delve. Perhaps if you check now you'll find it.

Can you please provide a link? The link on the steam page isn't updated for me, and the in game link wasn't last night when I played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BruceLGL wrote:
foxreinard wrote:

Can you please provide a link? The link on the steam page isn't updated for me, and the in game link wasn't last night when I played.

Just use the link on the FFG homepage https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/2a/23...

I can only advise against accessing the rules via the app, it crashed the app and ruined quite a few savegames for me (when I was using steam on MacOs) when I tried out the app when it released (so it might be fixed by now).

BruceLGL wrote:
I played by myself with 2 heros last night. Took 3.5 hours, and I was moving the whole time and I can usually match the upper end of FFG times (even with a group). I think 2 hours is pure fantasy. Next time I will do one act per sitting, though annoyingly it doesn't save state and you may have damage/conditions and other things to track (on top of items, skills).

In my game I started with 1XP, got 1 for each minor stage (4) and 2 for the first boss (second boss ends the game).

Annoyingly the rule book hasn't updated, even though the game said to refer to the Delve section, so maybe there is something important here, maybe not.

I played on Normal and that was a mistake. I just rolled over the game, defeating most groups before they even activated. That said I am not sure what would even change on hard because there is no money and each section was over in a few rounds, so if there are peril like effects (into implies there are) I didn't see any.

Cool thx for the quick response.

Since I greatly enjoy taking my time and having a relaxed mindset when playing boardgames, I never came near the FFG time-estimates. Maybe you could tell me how long it is compared to your typical Kindrerd of Fire like campaign RtL quest?

6XP seems ok, yet I think you were awarded the maximum rewards since you rolled over the game. Imo RtL shouldn't be played on normal if you have a somewhat basic understanding of the game, like if you have played at least one campaign and pick your heroes/classes with a strategy/synergy in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
BruceLGL wrote:

i started yesterday also normal and got 3 groups with totally 10 mobs - so i cant say i can roll over........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
impish1234 wrote:
BruceLGL wrote:

i started yesterday also normal and got 3 groups with totally 10 mobs - so i cant say i can roll over........

I'm not sure what you mean by 10 mobs. I found a sections had 3 groups, usually not all at once but sometimes. 2 Heroes meant I got three attacks first up which would wipe a group. My second hero would wipe another after one monster activation. If there were any left they'd be dead at the start of the second round. The small maps meant range wasn't an issue. One section (at first) an invulnerable group is the only time I really got hit much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
4 heroes
===================
group wraith (1 red - 2 white)
group fire imps (2 red - 3 white) //edited
group medusa (1 red - 2 white)

TOTAL: 11 mobs

===================

First hero moves to closest monster - attacks - classic X on blue dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ozga
msg tools
mbmb
@impish1234

Fire Imps have two masters (red monsters).

@BruceLGL

After first hero activation game will activate whole group (up to 5 monsters) not just one monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Sinnabell
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmb
looks like my dog steal one - holy where is my 2nd red one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
IceRik wrote:
@BruceLGL

After first hero activation game will activate whole group (up to 5 monsters) not just one monster.

Sure, but with 2 heroes in many cases this is the same thing. Where it isn't they usually aren't too bad. I think 2 hero in particular just felt like it had no balance at all. As I've said I am not sure how hard is different, anyone know what changes? Short of adding more monsters (hard to get right) or taking away items/XP (annoying) I'm not sure what could be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dimitrousis
Greece
Thessaloniki, Euosmos
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that at normal difficulty you start with 1 exp and you get some healing and resting (3 health and 2 fatigue discard condition) between stages. Hard difficulty has none of those things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
I have performed SCIENCE! once more with the Delve's shop card parameters. Far easier than my first Road to Legend science findings because I didn't need specific cards, just numbers.

The Delve gives one variable for number of shop cards drawn after each stage and another for how many you keep.

Number of Draws starts at 7
+1: 4 Heroes
+1: For each search token checked
+1: Killed any monsters (that the App knows about)
+1: Unknown factor: Performing a special action or making an odd choice within the Stage. Very rarely does this pop up.
-1: Time spent, probably -1 per round.

Number of cards kept starts at 1 (Limit: always 1 weapon)
+1: Having 3-4 Heroes
+1: Cleared all monsters (with none remaining when you move on to the next stage; any that spawn in at the end of round negate this bonus)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
Anemelos wrote:
I think that at normal difficulty you start with 1 exp and you get some healing and resting (2 health and 2 fatigue) between stages. Hard difficulty has none of those things.

Recover 3❤, remove 1 condition from each hero. Fatigue is not recovered between stages that I have seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
foxreinard wrote:
I have performed SCIENCE! once more with the Delve's shop card parameters. Far easier than my firt Road to Legend science findings because I didn't need specific cards, just numbers.

The Delve gives one variable for number of shop cards drawn after each stage and another for how many you keep.

Number of Draws starts at 7
+1: 4 Heroes
+1: For each search token checked
+1: Killed any monsters (that the App knows about)

Number of cards kept starts at 1 (Limit: always 1 weapon)
+1: Having 3-4 Heroes
+1: Cleared all monsters (with none remaining when you move on to the next stage; any that spawn in at the end of round negate this bonus)

I think it might also draw -1 per round or something similar. Still always going to be worth getting search tokens, you can get several in 1 round.

I didn't realise the 3H + Condition recovery wasn't in hard. Towards the end of the game I was always on full health anyway (again a 2 hero thing, you generally have a round or two per area with no one to attack, so the 2 Hero health recovery kicks in). Also the 1 weapon limit doesn't really matter with 2 Heroes, I wouldn't play this with 2 heroes again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
BruceLGL wrote:
Sure, but with 2 heroes in many cases this is the same thing. Where it isn't they usually aren't too bad. I think 2 hero in particular just felt like it had no balance at all. As I've said I am not sure how hard is different, anyone know what changes? Short of adding more monsters (hard to get right) or taking away items/XP (annoying) I'm not sure what could be done.

Just some quick thoughts about how to make the game a little harder for you, as you seem to crave a more difficult experience:
* Remove the free attack/2❤ recovery rule for 2 heroes
* Instead of drawing X shop cards between stages, draw only how many it tells you to keep. If you draw two weapons? You can't have them both. One is discarded.

In Hard mode of The Delve (according to the RtL rulebook), along with the mentioned lack of recovery between stages and 0 XP, you also get fewer rounds to resolve a stage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
BruceLGL wrote:
I think it might also draw -1 per round or something similar. Still always going to be worth getting search tokens, you can get several in 1 round.

Thank you! I hadn't done science with time spent, just cleared things and observed results. Probability is high that it is indeed -1 draw per round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.