Subject: Paolo Parente Box error? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franz Derphausen
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There are two hero sheets in the Parente box, one for Taramis and one for Valeria. But there are two identical cardboard tiles for one Salome that looks just like Taramis. Everything adds up to the list contents printed on the box, but I wonder why there are no Tamaris/Valeria cardboard tiles inside.
Most other addon boxes come with cardboard tiles matching the heros/characters in the box, except for the Xavier Collette's and Brom's box, which omit the cardboard tiles entirely, however Brom's box comes with several new asset cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Derphausen wrote:
There are two hero sheets in the Parente box, one for Taramis and one for Valeria. But there are two identical cardboard tiles for one Salome that looks just like Taramis. Everything adds up to the list contents printed on the box, but I wonder why there are no Tamaris/Valeria cardboard tiles inside.
Most other addon boxes come with cardboard tiles matching the heros/characters in the box, except for the Xavier Collette's and Brom's box, which omit the cardboard tiles entirely, however Brom's box comes with several new asset cards.

since Taramis and Salome are twins the art looks the same.
only the bad guys get overlord tile (with the exception of the hero tile stretch goal) so there are only tiles for Salome not for the hero chars Taramis and Valeria.
the number of overlord tiles varies depending on character. except for the advantage of being used multiple times I haven't really reasoned out which chars get or should get multiple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oz khan
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Update Nr. 48 27. Jan 2015 The Ladies man

This pack contains 2 models, 2 character sheets, one overlord tile and 2 spell cards.

Back of the box:

2 hero sheets
2 tiles
2 plastic miniatures

???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to add the Paolo Parente box. Hopefully I won't have to wait much longer after they release the Crossbowmen to get this box. It's hard to play a scenario with Thaug without Salome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theozz wrote:
Update Nr. 48 27. Jan 2015 The Ladies man

This pack contains 2 models, 2 character sheets, one overlord tile and 2 spell cards.

Back of the box:

2 hero sheets
2 tiles
2 plastic miniatures

i think they balanced that out with the Doors add-on: the KS says it contains 10 doors, but it actually contains 15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oz khan
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just want to know if the 2 spell Cards are included anywhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theozz wrote:

None of the add-ons contained spell cards. Only one of them contained equipment cards. We can't know with certainty whether the 2 announced spell cards ended up somewhere else because don't know what spells those cards were supposed to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Derphausen
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
theozz wrote:

What kind of spells would Taramis/Salome cast? There were several new spells in the stretch-goals box that comes with King Tier pledges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
Salome is a very dangerous witch. We know for sure she could blind/stun people in an area, and play with the elements a bit (air or fire, it's not exactly clear). She can see through a sort of vision stone to watch the battle from afar (kind of divination powers).

Her story is linked with that of Thaug, but it is unclear if she summoned it or if it actually held some power over her. Who was the real master? Lastly, she is a seriously tough woman...so who knows if that resilience was natural or magical, or a bit of both.

Taramis doesn't display any magical power afaik.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Hultquist
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got mine, and I also have a question about the Parente Box. Here's hoping you (or someone else) can help:

I got the same contents as you, and both of my minis are the same. Is this supposed to be the case? I gather it makes sense with Taramis/Salome being twins, but if so, is there a Valeria mini somewhere in that style? I swear I saw a Valeria digital sculpt matching that art in a KS update, but if they didn't put it in the Parente box, where would it be?

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up - I want to make sure I wasn't shorted a mini I was supposed to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hultquist wrote:
I just got mine, and I also have a question about the Parente Box. Here's hoping you (or someone else) can help:

I got the same contents as you, and both of my minis are the same. Is this supposed to be the case? I gather it makes sense with Taramis/Salome being twins, but if so, is there a Valeria mini somewhere in that style? I swear I saw a Valeria digital sculpt matching that art in a KS update, but if they didn't put it in the Parente box, where would it be?

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up - I want to make sure I wasn't shorted a mini I was supposed to get.

You are supposed to get 1 Taramis mini matching the artwork on the tile. And 1 Valeria mini looking very... Valeria-ish. If you received 2 of the same minis, your box is in error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Hultquist
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinkster wrote:
The Hultquist wrote:

You are supposed to get 1 Taramis mini matching the artwork on the tile. And 1 Valeria mini looking very... Valeria-ish. If you received 2 of the same minis, your box is in error.

Thanks for the reply - much appreciated. Still, a bit disappointed to hear that I didn't get what I should have. Well, off to see if customer service can help me out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacques Evrard
Belgium
Carlsbourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@ The Hultquist
I would have liked to receive your box …
You will get Valeria's mini to correct the error & you will probably be able to keep the twins (the queen Taramis & her evil sister Salome that took her place).
Not bad in my opinion …

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming this will hit retail eventually as it was not labeled KS exclusive yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B Wumpus wrote:
I am assuming this will hit retail eventually as it was not labeled KS exclusive yes?

while that may be true, I doubt that the guest boxes will be a priority as they mostly hold alternates.
I have no information in either direction, only a guess from my side based on the more trickling release plan seen so far.

For me it falls in the KSEUPO (KSE until proven otherwise) category

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.