France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello Guys !
How do you handle Rune (-1/-1) & Armor.

Let's take an example.
I put an unit 1/1 on the Squad Leader patrol

During his turn, my opponent put a rune -1/-1 on the Squad Leader Unit.

1/ Do we consider this as damage so the unit doesn't die because of the Armor?
Or
2/Is this considered as a modifier and then the units has 0 HP and then dies instantly

Of course the 1/ will lead to other questions...

Thanks for your help !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure it's (2)

-1/-1 is not damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seejay wrote:
Pretty sure it's (2)

-1/-1 is not damage.

I can confirm that it is 2. The unit would immediately die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
But if a unit or hero deals damage in the form of -1/-1 tokens, I guess the first damage world be absorbed by armor (if the target had armor 1) and the rest of the damage would be dealt as -1/-1 runes.

Also, I'd assume that buildings damaged with -1/-1 can just as well be tracked with regular damage tokens. Or should be? Can plague lab really aggravate the condition of the opponent's base?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PiHalbe wrote:
But if a unit or hero deals damage in the form of -1/-1 tokens, I guess the first damage world be absorbed by armor (if the target had armor 1) and the rest of the damage would be dealt as -1/-1 runes.

Correct!
Quote:
Also, I'd assume that buildings damaged with -1/-1 can just as well be tracked with regular damage tokens. Or should be? Can plague lab really aggravate the condition of the opponent's base?

I don't think there's a way for buildings to get -1/-1 runes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, right. All the units and spells a quick search turned up are very explicit about distributing -1/-1 to units and heroes, only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you guys for your quick answers !
Achim, can you take an example about the specific case you talked about please ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zulyen wrote:
Thank you guys for your quick answers !
Achim, can you take an example about the specific case you talked about please ?

Here is one:

Your Plague Spitter (http://codexcarddb.com/card/plague_spitter) attacks an Iron Man (http://codexcarddb.com/card/iron_man) in the Squad Leader slot (+1 Armor).
The armor prevents 1 damage the Spitter would deal, so Iron Man ends up with two -1/-1 runes, not three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok Thanks !
This is perfectly clear !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.