Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Runar Dankel
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When promoting a work, does it need to have a target aka a milestone? Or can you use the promote like a discard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assumed that if there was no vacancy for a worker on a milestone that they could not be promoted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To promote, you have to put the worker on an available milestone. You can not promote someone just to discard them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runar Dankel
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That clears it up nicely.

PS: best game I have played in years! The chaining of bonuses is just through the roof. I placed a telegraph office, that gave me shares and a free rail. The rail gave me a deal. The deal gave me new workes and a train flip. The train gave me my shares back. Sooooo good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. K.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Glad you enjoy it, but you actually made a small mistake if you play by the original rules: if you place a rail, a station or a telegraph office using a bonus with a red crossed circle symbol on it, it means you do not trigger any effects of the placement. So the rail would not have triggered a deal.

But then, if everyone in your group was fine with it, feel free to have the chaining bonuses. Even better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runar Dankel
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! I thought the cross was "no cost of mountains". Will remember that for next gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. K.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
It also means that there is no cost, correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.