Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Runar Dankel
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When promoting a work, does it need to have a target aka a milestone? Or can you use the promote like a discard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assumed that if there was no vacancy for a worker on a milestone that they could not be promoted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
To promote, you have to put the worker on an available milestone. You can not promote someone just to discard them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runar Dankel
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That clears it up nicely.

PS: best game I have played in years! The chaining of bonuses is just through the roof. I placed a telegraph office, that gave me shares and a free rail. The rail gave me a deal. The deal gave me new workes and a train flip. The train gave me my shares back. Sooooo good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. K.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Glad you enjoy it, but you actually made a small mistake if you play by the original rules: if you place a rail, a station or a telegraph office using a bonus with a red crossed circle symbol on it, it means you do not trigger any effects of the placement. So the rail would not have triggered a deal.

But then, if everyone in your group was fine with it, feel free to have the chaining bonuses. Even better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runar Dankel
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! I thought the cross was "no cost of mountains". Will remember that for next gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. K.
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
It also means that there is no cost, correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.