Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Schmidt
Canada
Strasbourg
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for all the rules threads! I'm just starting a PBEM game over vassal and I want to make sure I have everything straight so as not to be a nuisance in the game!

My question is about subsidy contracts:
When can they be made? Can I create one, for example, at the moment I draw cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Schmidt
Canada
Strasbourg
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The live game I played on the weekend we allowed them to be done at any point but I'm not sure if this is the case or not. Also I missed that only Major powers can create Subsidy contracts. Does that mean that the starting contract between Bavaria(-1) and France(+1) would normally not be allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

swoop_ds wrote:
When can they be made? Can I create one, for example, at the moment I draw cards?

There are no restrictions on the timing of subsidy agreements. Of course once cards are drawn they can never be transferred between powers, so the agreement made would begin to take effect the next time the powers in question draw cards, which in your example is immediately.

swoop_ds wrote:
Also I missed that only Major powers can create Subsidy contracts. Does that mean that the starting contract between Bavaria(-1) and France(+1) would normally not be allowed?

You've got the starting contract backwards- the first year France is drawing -1 card (because it is subsidizing Bavaria) and Bavaria is drawing +1 card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
verandi's answers are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Tha can allus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha canna tell him much
mbmbmbmbmb
verandi wrote:

swoop_ds wrote:

There are no restrictions on the timing of subsidy agreements. Of course once cards are drawn they can never be transferred between powers, so the agreement made would begin to take effect the next time the powers in question draw cards, which in your example is immediately.

swoop_ds wrote:
Also I missed that only Major powers can create Subsidy contracts. Does that mean that the starting contract between Bavaria(-1) and France(+1) would normally not be allowed?

You've got the starting contract backwards- the first year France is drawing -1 card (because it is subsidizing Bavaria) and Bavaria is drawing +1 card.

It's also worth mentioning that the initial subsidy contract between France and Bavaria cannot be cancelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.