Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, we brought out the game yesterday for the first time since it arrived, and we noticed that some of the wooden components had some issues. The biggest one is that one of the wooden wineries has half a roof, with the other half of the roof on the bottom. There were also a number of other wooden pieces with issues (disks that weren't cut right, for example). Does anyone know if Eagle Gryphon will fix these? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try e-mailing them directly and asking. I assume they'd have replacement parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FightOnGoBlue wrote:
The biggest one is that one of the wooden wineries has half a roof, with the other half of the roof on the bottom.

Hurricane damage??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponsonby Britt, OBE
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
While I have some chipped cubes which are not a big deal, I do have one legless Enologist which would be nice to replace given its uniqueness. I did email not quite a week ago (getting an immediate automated reply) to see if there might be any spares on hand. With this major release and Essen currently in progress, I figure an individual response may take some time.

I do know that Gallerist wooden bits are available for purchase from their website. So I am hopeful that if worse comes to worst, I might be able to purchase something similar for this game in future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FightOnGoBlue wrote:
Hey all, we brought out the game yesterday for the first time since it arrived, and we noticed that some of the wooden components had some issues. The biggest one is that one of the wooden wineries has half a roof, with the other half of the roof on the bottom. There were also a number of other wooden pieces with issues (disks that weren't cut right, for example). Does anyone know if Eagle Gryphon will fix these? Thanks!

My experience with EGG is if it's damaged they will replace it. Be prepared to provide photographic evidence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Eagle-Gryphon Games will replace damaged or missing components.

Please be sure to provide a complete and accurate description of your issue and your shipping address.

Photos are necessary so that they get the correct piece(s) and for showing to the factory.

I know customer service is very busy at the moment since several games came in at once and it is the time of year for Essen, BGG Con and the holiday sales season. Please be patient for reply.

The correct address is: Customer-Service@Eagle-Gryphon.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Marshall

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the ocean tiles from the Connoisseur Pack expansion looks like it might be misprinted on one side. Wondering if anyone else gets this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponsonby Britt, OBE
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
stevespm wrote:
One of the ocean tiles from the Connoisseur Pack expansion looks like it might be misprinted on one side.

That is not a misprint, it is coastline. Try placing it over TrĂ¡s-os-Montes. (:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Marshall

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, now I see that it is really nice artwork. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FightOnGoBlue wrote:
... we noticed that some of the wooden components had some issues...

I'd take damaged pieces over the crushed box corner I got. I can't even open the box to see what's inside because I haven't heard from E-G since I contacted CS over a week ago. So the whole game is in limbo... at least for me... It's a massively heavy floor weight currently. soblue

If you ever hear from E-G let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally punched and sorted my set tonight. One of my purple discs has a chunk taken out of it. Funnily enough, I guess the packer noticed this and threw an extra one in the baggie. So I ended up with 11 purple discs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
FightOnGoBlue wrote:

My experience with EGG is if it's damaged they will replace it. Be prepared to provide photographic evidence.

This just email them, they are great (got 4-5 meeple from the gallerist fixed up them, no issue). I also have a half roof on the bottom winery, but it is hard to care when they are pretty much an eyesore to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthain wrote:

This just email them, they are great (got 4-5 meeple from the gallerist fixed up them, no issue). I also have a half roof on the bottom winery, but it is hard to care when they are pretty much an eyesore to begin with.

Except they don't respond. Not even with a 'we're sorry we haven't gotten back with you because we are busy.' You get an automated response...

Eagle-Gryphon Customer Support wrote:
Thank you for your request. We recently moved to a new customer service management system to improve your overall experience.

A member of our Customer Service Team will review your message and get back to you within 1-2 business days. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service, so if you do not hear back from us within a reasonable amount of time, please email us directly at customer-service@eagle-gryphon.com.

Well, the 1st email went 4 days with no follow up... and the 2nd (since giving them twice as long as there stated timeframe seemed 'reasonable') has now gone 7 days after that with no follow up. So, yeah, 11 days on and still nothing. Perhaps I have an incorrect definition of "excellent customer service".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Audacon wrote:
darthain wrote:

Except they don't respond. Not even with a 'we're sorry we haven't gotten back with you because we are busy.' You get an automated response...

Thank you for your request. We recently moved to a new customer service management system to improve your overall experience.

A member of our Customer Service Team will review your message and get back to you within 1-2 business days. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service, so if you do not hear back from us within a reasonable amount of time, please email us directly at customer-service@eagle-gryphon.com.

Well, the 1st email went 4 days with no follow up... and the 2nd (since giving them twice as long as there stated timeframe seemed 'reasonable') has now gone 7 days after that with no follow up. So, yeah, 11 days on and still nothing. Perhaps I have an incorrect definition of "excellent customer service".

4 whole days, how ever do you carry on you devastated soul. I've had replacement pieces from them, as I described, you need to be reasonable your expectations. You aren't dealing with a tiny company out of a basement, you are dealing with a large company likely dealing with many events revolving around the release and potential issues with a new distribution.

You know who else takes time to respond? GMT. They'll fix you right up every time too, it just isn't instant (and despite email being instant to send, responding and coordinating take time regardless, as do simple things like reading).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthain wrote:
Audacon wrote:
darthain wrote:

4 whole days, how ever do you carry on you devastated soul. I've had replacement pieces from them, as I described, you need to be reasonable your expectations. You aren't dealing with a tiny company out of a basement, you are dealing with a large company likely dealing with many events revolving around the release and potential issues with a new distribution.

You know who else takes time to respond? GMT. They'll fix you right up every time too, it just isn't instant (and despite email being instant to send, responding and coordinating take time regardless, as do simple things like reading).

Ah - Of course! I see the error of my ways thanks to your insightful note. Now stop being a condescending EGG apologist and do something more useful than decrying someone else's appeal to and critique of a company's customer service.

There was no need to bring in GMT to this. I have no beef with them and they have nothing to do with this game or the issues mentioned in this thread. But thanks for pointing out that there is a company with good customer service! Always good to hear about the good companies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Audacon wrote:
darthain wrote:
Audacon wrote:
darthain wrote:

Ah - Of course! I see the error of my ways thanks to your insightful note. Now stop being a condescending EGG apologist and do something more useful than decrying someone else's appeal to and critique of a company's customer service.

There was no need to bring in GMT to this. I have no beef with them and they have nothing to do with this game or the issues mentioned in this thread. But thanks for pointing out that there is a company with good customer service! Always good to hear about the good companies.

From a guy who was just as confrontational as I, you sure don't take it very well. I'm immediately an apologist for having recieved service from EGG? People on these forums have unrealistic expectations for timeline, happens all the time (and is quite unreasonable).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eagle & Gryphon Games
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, Friends!

We are doing our best to get all of these issues resolved. We also understand that our best sometimes isn't acceptable to a number of folks who we didn't not serve immediately. So we want to offer some perspective to hopefully explain the situation.

Our warehouse employees who also handle customer service have been working 12-14 hours a day for the last 3+ weeks. We are currently training additional help for Customer Service, but it takes time.

We just shipped more than 2000 games from the US alone, over 3500 total worldwide and we have a constant flow of emails on top of dealing with a damaged shipment of Empires Galactic Rebellion. Things are quite crazy here but we will get it under control. We will focus on Customer Service as much as I can until we help as many people as daylight allows us.

Thanks,

Daniel Zayas
Marketing Director
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With all those games shipping at once and no doubt people with much more pressing support requests I figured it was a bad time, so I decided to wait before submitting a request. My missing enologist can wait

Any idea how long until the new CS crew is up and running? No rush, but it would be nice to have a rough timeframe so I don't clog up the works before they're ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

As someone who complained... I thought it necessary to publicly tell the rest of the story...

So, the folks at EGG were indeed a bit over whelmed with work last Nov/Dec. My initial complaint was mainly around the stated standard time to reply, which due to their circumstances they could not honor. However, once they did catch up, they contacted me with a clear communication and an apology for the delay. *I* delayed my response to them until after the holidays and, despite *my* delay, when I did reach back to them, the communication from Brandon (in customer service) was extremely prompt, professional, and thorough. EGG replaced the game components requested and delivered promptly.

I think it only fair to let anyone that might read this thread know that in the end, EGG stood by their product and their customer service came through like a champ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.