Popular Tags: [View All]
Toby Kraft
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie and I know it is missing pieces, but can't find a very precise listing of what was in the master set. It isn't playable as is and I don't have other sets. I want to figure out what is missing so I can sell it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the BGG game page:

Mimring with Army Card
Finn the Viking Champion with Army Card
Thorgrim the Viking Champion with Army Card
Tarn Viking Warriors (4) with Army Card
Agent Carr with Army Card
Krav Maga Agents (3) with Army Card
Ne-Gok-Sa with Army Card
Marro Warriors (4) with Army Card
Syvarris with Army Card
Deathwalker 9000 with Army Card
Zettian Guards (2) with Army Card
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior with Army Card
Izumi Samurai (3) with Army Card
Sgt. Drake Alexander with Army Card
Airborne Elite (4) with Army Card and Grenade Marker
Grimnak with Army Card
6 Grass Tiles (24 Hex)
5 Grass Tiles (7 Hex)
5 Grass Tiles (3 Hex)
5 Grass Tiles (2 Hex)
16 Grass Tiles (1 Hex)
2 Rock Tiles (24 Hex)
3 Rock Tiles (7 Hex)
3 Rock Tiles (3 Hex)
3 Rock Tiles (2 Hex)
6 Rock Tiles (1 Hex)
2 Sand Tiles (7 Hex)
2 Sand Tiles (3 Hex)
2 Sand Tiles (2 Hex)
4 Sand Tiles (1 Hex)
21 Water Tiles (1 Hex) (early versions were packed with transparent tiles embedded with sparkles.)
2 Ruins (3 Hex and 2 Hex)
10 Glyphs (Astrid, Brandar x2, Dagmar, Gerda, Ivor, Valda, Erland, Kelda, Mitonsoul)
24 Wound Markers
Round Marker
16 Order Markers
12 Combat Dice (early versions were packed with 10 red and 10 blue dice)
20-Sided Die
Rulebook (early versions split the rule book into Basic and Master rules booklets and a Battlefield Scenario booklet)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
For what it's worth, this list isn't immediately visible on the new version of the game page. It's hidden under a "more" button way down in the Community Wiki section at the bottom of the page. This might be why he didn't notice it straight off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Kraft
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TIM0THY wrote:
For what it's worth, this list isn't immediately visible on the new version of the game page. It's hidden under a "more" button way down in the Community Wiki section at the bottom of the page. This might be why he didn't notice it straight off.

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only noted where I got it from in case others want to find it there. I had to do a Google search before I realized it was still on the page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Mosaic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cubeconvict wrote:
TIM0THY wrote:

This.

If you're using BGG as a resource, it's definitely worth learning how to use it effectively. It would literally be impossible for the initial view to show each and every thing that you might want to know in various situations, so inevitably there's a learning process.

In other words it's not a flaw in the design that you didn't immediately see what you were looking for in this case. A great deal of time and energy was put into deciding which things are visible initially, and how to find even more in a reasonably straightforward fashion. In this case, one click was sufficient, and if you didn't already know that 'more' provides a lot of useful info on game pages, you do now (thanks to Sarcasmorator!).

You'll find that there's nearly always someone ready to help when you have questions, and hopefully over time you'll learn enough to join the ranks of the helpers yourself. That's how the community works best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Mosaic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, good as BGG is it's no substitute for HeroScapers.com, which is the repository for information on all things HeroScape. As an example, see The Books of HeroScape for a listing of all the official units ever released. Scroll down to Wave and Pack, click 'show', and you can see the listing for each individual package as originally sold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Kraft
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:

If you're using BGG as a resource, it's definitely worth learning how to use it effectively.

Thank you for the very helpful reply, but I *did* know how to use it well until someone made some very poor usability choices in the game page design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
cubeconvict wrote:
Sphere wrote:

If you're using BGG as a resource, it's definitely worth learning how to use it effectively.

Thank you for the very helpful reply, but I *did* know how to use it well until someone made some very poor usability choices in the game page design.

The contents section was definitely easier to find on the old game page layout. Changes as big as the switch from old game page to new game page will always prioritize some functionality over others, and inevitably leave some users scratching their heads. I'm not looking forward to the growing pains when they rollout this layout for the whole site. But I'm sure that when they do, it will probably be for the best. I know I've sent uninitiated people to come look at BGG and they've just walked away laughing, or crying, wondering why anyone would want to spend time trying to navigate the hodge-podge of information available on the main page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.