Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denee Tyler
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was our first try at Incan Gold. We had five players, two adults and three teenagers. The first round we drew fire and then an eight and a six. At this point, Megan headed for home alone, and scored 7 gold. The rest of us pressed our luck--and our luck ran out when fire was drawn before we could score the five gold we had each acquired.

The second round Megan once again headed for home first and scored a tidy sum. The rest of us pressed our luck and were unlucky when two identical hazard cards were drawn one after the other.

In the third round we all thought that we would have to start playing conservatively. Megan once again was the first to head out, scoring a small sum. We drew a few more gold cards, and then an artifact. Amazingly enough, Caleb was the only player to head out after the artifact was drawn, so he got it and some gold. Mark and I stayed for one more card and then headed home with 5 gold apiece. Ben pressed his luck and was very lucky, getting a 3 and a 17 all to himself before heading home.

At this point, Mark and I were hopelessly behind, and felt like we would really have to gamble to catch up. In round four, Megan again headed home first with a small amount of gold. Another artifact was drawn and once again Caleb was the only one to go home after it was drawn, scoring the artifact and some gold. Ben, Mark and I pressed our luck and again, luck was not on our side.

In round five, no one even score, as two matching hazards were drawn right off the deck.

Final Score Caleb 29, Megan 26, Ben 25, Mark 5, Denee 5

Assessment--First of all, Mark and I are way too unconservative when we are playing games like this. We let a lot of gold slip through our fingers.

The game has a lot of luck as far as cards go, but there is also strategy involved with deciding when to leave and get the best advantage from your choice. It was a fun filler, and we will probably try it again. We will see how Mark and I do the next time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.