Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I haven't seen another thread for it yet, looks like I'll be hosting the bottle share again this year. I'll update this post with my room number once I know it, but that obviously won't be until I check in. I see no reason to break with tradition, so it will be held on Wednesday, from 8-11(ish).

Since this has been going on for several years at this point, I feel like it might be worth coming up with a catchier name. Does anyone have any good ideas?

I'll definitely be bringing some Upland sours, and probably some Dark Lord (though I missed Dark Lord Day, so I'm not sure which year). If anyone has any requests available in Indiana, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. I'll be bringing some other stuff as well, but I'm not sure what.

We have several Untappd users among the regular attendees; I'm friends with many of you on Untappd. If there are any other Untappd users, feel free to send a friend request to ProfessorBeer.

See you all in November!

Quote:
NOTE: This is not an official BGG.CON event, nor run by the hotel. It is just held by beer nerds who also play board games.

The BGG.CON 2016 Bottle Share/Beer Trade will be in room 350.

Also, is there anyone local who would be able to bring cups? I forgot to pack any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Is there a sticky from previous years on how this works?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HUNGOVERHARRY wrote:
Is there a sticky from previous years on how this works?

I looked quickly, and didn't see a post explaining in any detail. It's basically just a bottle share on a slightly larger scale. Everyone brings a couple of bottles, and they get opened up so everyone can try them. There will also be a second table for trading. If you want to trade, drop off some beers on the table, and grab some others off the table when you leave. It's a pretty laid-back event; just a bunch of us getting together and enjoying some beers from all over the country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Head
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the event name, how about:

BGG.Con Beertopia 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Won't be at BGG.Con this year, but it's worth nothing that Tart of Darkness can now be bought in Texas at a reasonable price as the Bruery distributes in state
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Rhodes
msg tools
badge
Bigger on the Outside
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in sitting down and drinking a number of regional beers with folks at some point. Not super excited about trading beers, unless there is something you think I absolutely have to try from your neck of the woods and want to trade something from my neck of the woods (Little Rock)

Unfortunately, I can't make a Wednesday meet up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how many sour beer enthusiasts there are, but I plan on bringing up Blue Owl Brewing cans...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Krumick
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
UNLV
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BGGCon Beerzar!
BGGCon BeerFest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, Babe's Chicken Dinner House allows you to bring in outside beer. And I will be going there a couple of times. Anyone interested in joining me on a night that is not the beer share/trade should ping me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heather M
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I've been waiting for a thread about this....
We'll be bringing some Pliny the Elder Double IPA and Velvet Merkin Bourbon Oatmeal stout from Cali.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Heather on this. We are both in for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Rhodes
msg tools
badge
Bigger on the Outside
mbmbmbmbmb
TempuraMental wrote:
Awesome! I've been waiting for a thread about this....
We'll be bringing some Pliny the Elder Double IPA and Velvet Merkin Bourbon Oatmeal stout from Cali.

How fresh is the Pliny? it's basically a drain pour if you didn't get it the day the bottled it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Echeverria
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it on Wednesday, but will be in Thursday through the weekend.

However, is there anyone coming in from Ohio? I desperately have been trying to get my hands on some B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal Stout

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/14879/33644/

I have some Heady Topper to trade.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/27039/16814/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Rhodes
msg tools
badge
Bigger on the Outside
mbmbmbmbmb
bluestank wrote:

I will trade or pay market price for Heady Topper. Let me know, from Arkansas and can meet on other days!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Echeverria
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wasn't planning on lugging it up, unless I can get some BORIS. You can PM me what you have perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be bringing one of my favorites. This is my first time participating. Sounds like a lot of fun. https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1412/105400/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluestank wrote:
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it on Wednesday, but will be in Thursday through the weekend.

However, is there anyone coming in from Ohio? I desperately have been trying to get my hands on some B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher Oatmeal Stout

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/14879/33644/

I have some Heady Topper to trade.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/27039/16814/

I might be able to get my hands on some BORIS. I'll let you know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khedron wrote:
If there are any other Untappd users, feel free to send a friend request to ProfessorBeer.

I just added you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Webb
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have suggestions on where to go (somewhat close to the con) to get a good (great?) selection of local/state/regional beers? I'd like to browse through some if it wasn't too far from the airport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Echeverria
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
mbmbmbmbmb
Teleklos wrote:
Anyone have suggestions on where to go (somewhat close to the con) to get a good (great?) selection of local/state/regional beers? I'd like to browse through some if it wasn't too far from the airport.

I'm not sure specifically where they might be in relation to the airport, but Specs is a pretty big liquor/beer distributor across Texas, so you could look them up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Teeter
United States
Euless
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in. Additionally, Jester King will be releasing their first spontaneously fermented beer on Friday, 11/18. I will probably take the day to drive down to Austin and get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Teeter
United States
Euless
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teleklos wrote:

Hall's on 121 and Glade. There is also a Whole Foods not too far in Colleyville.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Buell
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there as usual with plenty of beer from The Bruery and Rare Barrel.

fenners wrote:
Won't be at BGG.Con this year, but it's worth nothing that Tart of Darkness can now be bought in Texas at a reasonable price as the Bruery distributes in state

You'll be missed! Good to know about Tart of Darkness though. I'll skip that this year and keep to the ones that don't get distribution outside of their societies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alim Fazal
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll bring a few bottles from San Diego, just need to figure out what I can find in the next week to bring out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a type of beer that is more favorable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.