Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitch Harding
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In Keyflower scoring, a given resource can only be scored one way. So a given red keyple, for example, can only be used with one scoring tile at the end of the game. I don't see this same concept anywhere in the Key To The City rule book. Is this restriction not in effect in Key To The City?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested in an answer as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mitcharf wrote:
In Keyflower scoring, a given resource can only be scored one way. So a given red keyple, for example, can only be used with one scoring tile at the end of the game. I don't see this same concept anywhere in the Key To The City rule book. Is this restriction not in effect in Key To The City?

The scoring in Key to the City – London differs from that in Keyflower in that it is possible to score items more than once.

For example:
- a red keyple can score for both Lord’s Cricket Ground and Madame Tussauds.
- a financier skill tile can score for both the National Gallery and the Victoria and Albert Museum.
- a blue connector could potential score five times: Great Ormond Street Hospital, MI6 building, Royal Festival Hall, Science Museum and Tower Bridge (and of course in several other combinations).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Harding
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the clarification (and for creating the game)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Cary
NC
flag msg tools
badge
I hate my stupid username.
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Breese wrote:
mitcharf wrote:

The scoring in Key to the City – London differs from that in Keyflower in that it is possible to score items more than once.

For example:
- a red keyple can score for both Lord’s Cricket Ground and Madame Tussauds.
- a financier skill tile can score for both the National Gallery and the Victoria and Albert Museum.
- a blue connector could potential score five times: Great Ormond Street Hospital, MI6 building, Royal Festival Hall, Science Museum and Tower Bridge (and of course in several other combinations).

Thanks! That confused us as well. It was such a big difference from Keyflower that I would have expected a mention of that in the "If you've played keyflower" section of the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.