Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael McFarlin
United States
Hainesville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mechs vs. Minions already is getting a lot of praise, but I need to add just a little more. I just came home to a massive box of goodness, and upon cracking the tape was greeted by one of the best packaged games I've ever received. The game was double wrapped in bubble wrap and there was additional packing material in the box to keep it from moving. Riot continues to impress. Thanks for an awesome product. Can't wait to get this to table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup Riot Games

[Insert the snarky ShipNaked comment of your choosing here.]whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Maxcy
United States
Lexington
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucky... Some here are reporting having their game already arrive and I'm sitting here F5ing my email, Riot merch store, and UPS My Choice almost ritualistically for some indication mine is on the way... zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sax11 wrote:
Mechs vs. Minions already is getting a lot of praise, but I need to add just a little more. I just came home to a massive box of goodness, and upon cracking the tape was greeted by one of the best packaged games I've ever received. The game was double wrapped in bubble wrap and there was additional packing material in the box to keep it from moving. Riot continues to impress. Thanks for an awesome product. Can't wait to get this to table.

This is a huge relief. I actually had a lot of concerns with how this would play out. Had lots of conversations with Chase about it - but ultimately, I wasn't sure how it would go until I heard this post.

I'm also worried about over-zealous customs officials opening up packages. That happened a few times when the game was shipping from China for us to review it. Hopefully, that's straightened out, too. But if it's not, please let us know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harper Hobbs
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
15.50 lb shipping weight...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Randolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn near as heavy as my KD order. Goodness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Sandy
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm intrigued they are shipping in bubble wrap. I thought I read someplace that Cool Stuff found that games do better with peanuts than any other method. I'm not concerned games will be just fine in bubble wrap, but I do wonder about the science behind the peanut argument. MythBusters, where are you when we need you?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bubble wrap ftw!!! much easier to deal with and clean up afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl G
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:
bubble wrap ftw!!! much easier to deal with and clean up afterwards.

Yeah I friggin' hate CSI's peanuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sax11 wrote:

Yeah, I got the same packaging -- but one corner of the box still managed to get crumpled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.