Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: An Idea relating to RPG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Traxinger
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Like many of you, I am simply going mad waiting for this game. I was day-dreaming today about the Curse of the Rougarou and thought up an idea.

Wouldn't it be awesome if in the game I got slashed by the Rougarou and became "cursed"? With this curse added to my character sheet, I could at any moment turn into a werewolf and tear my partner apart. This curse would then stay with me in my future endeavors (like into the Dunwich Legacy) and could only be cured by visiting a certain location or character like Lady Esprit.

I think it'd be a wicked RPG element if a curse stuck with you even after finishing the scenario. Also revisiting scenarios to visit specific characters or shops seems like a fun idea. Or perhaps it would be too tedious. Let me know what you think!

Stay board

-Wookietrax

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
Well, if you really want to know...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You get inflicted with the curse shortly into the scenario. It's a Weakness that will stick with you for the rest of the campaign if you don't cure it during the scenario. It won't make you turn on your friends directly; instead, it goes in your threat area and deals one horror each turn that you don't do any combat damage. Notably, it doesn't say the damage has to be dealt to monsters, so you might find that nasty creatures engaged with your allies suddenly seem like more appealing targets...

You can also earn the Monstrous Transformation talent (naturally, you have to forfeit your chance at lifting the curse to do so), which outright replaces your base stats with more bestial ones. It's Fast and costs nothing, so it could be quite handy in the right situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.