Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
My PhD thesis - available at all good booksellers... ;0)
mbmbmbmbmb
Breath being held.

Need oxygen.

Still waiting. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Port Macquarie
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
thechangingman wrote:
Breath being held.

Need oxygen.

Still waiting. blush

soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At the beginning of the year I was given to believe that the release would be in 2016. But as we all know in the gaming industry ... shit happens ... sometimes good shit. At any rate the game is undergoing serious playtesting (See Kim's MW Playtest site on Facebook). The counters are pretty well set. All of the spelling and site locations have been vetted and Nils is working on the final version of the map. Things are moving along and Randy has promised a MW release within the first couple of months of 2017. A little late for Christmas but well before Easter!

Thank you all for your patience. We are all being patient together. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a link to the playtest Facebook site plz? Thanks .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
da pyrate wrote:
thechangingman wrote:
Breath being held.

Need oxygen.

Still waiting. blush

soblue

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gerit,

I was about to send you the link when I remembered that Kim wished to keep the discussion out of the public eye until all the rough edges had been smoothed over. Much of those rough edges had to do with contradictions concerning the ambush rules, historical locations and personalities.

So far, play-testers are keen on the chaos caused by combat dispatches as well as the wealth of scenarios. One advantageous addition to the game that has come out of this final play-testing is the use of a mini-map to indicate the location of bush raiders. Where before raider location was indicated by a regional chit indicating a location somewhere within that particular region (one chit for every region in the game). Now a separate mini-map of North Island is provided with a single universal raider chit (One per side)being placed in the indicated mini-map region - You're never quite sure where raiders will pop up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poniske wrote:
Gerit,

I was about to send you the link when I remembered that Kim wished to keep the discussion out of the public eye until all the rough edges had been smoothed over. Much of those rough edges had to do with contradictions concerning the ambush rules, historical locations and personalities.

So far, play-testers are keen on the chaos caused by combat dispatches as well as the wealth of scenarios. One advantageous addition to the game that has come out of this final play-testing is the use of a mini-map to indicate the location of bush raiders. Where before raider location was indicated by a regional chit indicating a location somewhere within that particular region (one chit for every region in the game). Now a separate mini-map of North Island is provided with a single universal raider chit (One per side)being placed in the indicated mini-map region - You're never quite sure where raiders will pop up.

Hmm, that sounds like a fascinating addition...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mini-map is hidden somewhere? I don't get it.

Re. the link: no worries mate, just make it the best game ever .

And please provide the option of a mounted map. This map is so gorgeous that I would hate it if a cardboard map would get damaged. If this is impossible I would appreciate a high-res picture of the map so I can have it printed and mounted in a printshop!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lloyd
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
World Champs!!....again
badge
Forgot me velcro gloves again...
mbmbmbmbmb
Gerit wrote:
The mini-map is hidden somewhere? I don't get it.

I'll try to explain.

With bush raiders, you'd place up to two or three units (depending on side) in the bush raider box with a chit on top of them that would show what region of the map they were in (The thick borders on the map).

In the bush raider phase, you can either use your bush raiding units to ambush units that are not in settlements in the region they are in or you could move them to an adjacent region.

With the old bush raider box you'd move them by placing a new chit on top. With the mini map you no longer have to use chits as you just move them to the new region and it's clear what region the bush raiders are in. They can still pop up anywhere in that region though. Makes for a very nervous time when you have units out in the field...

Hope that's clear enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Richard, now I understand. Nice addition!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lein
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gerit, et al,

Thank for your patience as Kim and John take it through the final development process. And as John said the artwork is near complete so once the final game is turned over to me it should move quickly.

As for the map I will be doing the same as I did with the Toulon, 1793 map. In that the game will come with the normal folded map but you will also have the option of purchasing a never-folded map that is shipped separately rolled up in a mailing tube. I ordered an extra 50 for Toulon and the printer gave me 100 and I sold almost all of them. For Maori Wars I'm thinking twice that many at least.

Randy Lein - LEGION WARGAMES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call, Randy. That map is going to be legendary. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
veritas nos liberabit
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
Cool. I am for the map, too. Just wondering how things are going and when we can expect any more news (e.g. like release date ;-).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.