Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the life of me, I cannot understand why the publisher decided to put the bland generic "grey guy" on this token. It's quite unthematic and ruins the connection. It is a creature, being a part of the planet somehow. What the hell was wrong with the eyes from the cover?

ps. The game is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quaoar 10
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the same, they should have used the creature from the cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
For the life of me, I cannot understand why the publisher decided to put the bland generic "grey guy" on this token. It's quite unthematic and ruins the connection. It is a creature, being a part of the planet somehow. What the hell was wrong with the eyes from the cover?

We had to launch the production of the hunt tokens very early in the artwork process. Poker chips are produced in China then brought back to Germany for assembly. The cover artwork didn't exist at that point of time. But we will consider it for next print run.

rattkin wrote:
ps. The game is awesome.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Understood. It's too bad that it ended up like this. This token feels really like from different game. Hopefully you will allow the owners of the 1st ed to buy just the token at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quaoar 10
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or a sticker, that should do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Understood. It's too bad that it ended up like this. This token feels really like from different game. Hopefully you will allow the owners of the 1st ed to buy just the token at some point.

This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Steddum
Germany
Homburg
flag msg tools
I agree on the Creature tokens. The artwork is so great and evocative, something a bit more inline with the rest of the art would have been better.

Also, this is one game where I would have preferred plastic markers instead of wood. It fits the theme better, in my opinion.

Still, we loved the game at Essen and I have absolutely no regrets about purchasing it. Can't wait to play again soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espreman Etienne
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
jwsteddum wrote:
I agree on the Creature tokens. The artwork is so great and evocative, something a bit more inline with the rest of the art would have been better.

Also, this is one game where I would have preferred plastic markers instead of wood. It fits the theme better, in my opinion.

Still, we loved the game at Essen and I have absolutely no regrets about purchasing it. Can't wait to play again soon.

Thank you. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espreman Etienne
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb

We note your remarks and will try to make an new Creature token for next printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea when that might happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.