Hide
7 Posts

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tom Riddle Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moo Cow
msg tools
So I have 1 Health and 2 Allies in hand.

Can I choose to lose 2 health for the first Ally, even though I have one heart left, or do I have to pick to discard a card since I cannot do exactly two hearts?

I know for the second Ally I have to discard a card, because I'll be stunned and cannot choose to lose two hearts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
I am a Turtle.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can choose to lose 2 hp for the first ally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
@TheRustyMeeple
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can definitely choose to lose two health for the first ally. At that point you are stunned.

And on Page 13, rule 1. After being stunned, "you cannot lose (or gain) any more health this turn". One may read this as - you don't have to pay the penalty for that second ally. I'd probably discard though since that seems a little too lenient to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wolf
United States
Carlsbad
Unspecified
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Moo Cow wrote:
So I have 1 Health and 2 Allies in hand.

Can I choose to lose 2 health for the first Ally, even though I have one heart left, or do I have to pick to discard a card since I cannot do exactly two hearts?

I know for the second Ally I have to discard a card, because I'll be stunned and cannot choose to lose two hearts.

You can choose the 'Lose 2 HEALTH' option for one Ally, and lose your last remaining Health, stunning your Hero. Then you would have to discard a card for the second, since you cannot lose any more Health.

Andrew Wolf
Game Designer - USAopoly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crystal Bass
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I have an additional question for this card. When do you resolve the 'if you have an ally'? Example being, something lets me draw a card, I didnt have an ally when I first had my hand and checked the villain cards. But a spell let me draw a card and it was an ally. Do I now have to drop two hearts because I now have one in my hand? or does the effect only work during the phase where the villain cards are resolved unless it says otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jovy Eramela
msg tools
mb
WolfieFett wrote:

I have an additional question for this card. When do you resolve the 'if you have an ally'? Example being, something lets me draw a card, I didnt have an ally when I first had my hand and checked the villain cards. But a spell let me draw a card and it was an ally. Do I now have to drop two hearts because I now have one in my hand? or does the effect only work during the phase where the villain cards are resolved unless it says otherwise?

Tom Riddle's ability only triggers during the Villains step of the turn. Any Allies that end up in your hand after that aren't checked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crystal Bass
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pikachufan2164 wrote:
WolfieFett wrote:

Tom Riddle's ability only triggers during the Villains step of the turn. Any Allies that end up in your hand after that aren't checked.

Thought so, thanks for settling this for me lol

Though the idea of it carrying makes the game a bit more difficult for those who want to micromanage/create harder rules I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.