Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to play this with 4 or 5 people in college (80's) and enjoyed it. Recently I've been listening to the Rex Factor podcast, and I have a hankering to play Kingmaker again.

I have brought the game down off the shelf for the first time in at least 20 years, and I'm on the verge of trying to remember how to play. Problem is: the only other player I can count on anymore is my wife...

So, how well does it play with 2 players?

Also, in your opinion are there more modern games that have "replaced" it for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Probst
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be perfectly playable. I'm not sure that it would be particularly interesting.

IMO a lot of the fun with the game is the jostling of the various factions, the whittling-down effect, the occasional rising up of a faction once considered puny suddenly returned to strength, etc. You're not going to see a lot of that in a 2-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always found that in a two player game it almost always ended up in a staemate that was very difficult to resolve.

I haven't played Kingmaker in year, and I think if I wanted to a play a game like that now, I'd probably Play Lancaster vs York

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/58936/wars-roses-lancast...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
mohnkern wrote:
I haven't played Kingmaker in year, and I think if I wanted to a play a game like that now, I'd probably Play Lancaster vs York

That game looks very interesting; thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to see if I can find it used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.