$20.00
Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Any chance of delivery before Christmas on Wave 1 - Shipment #2? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E Talley
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be excited whenever I receive it but just curious.

Fingers crossed. With family coming to visit this would be a great game to play!!

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They've said their aim is to ship before Christmas, but don't bank on it. There's plenty of hiccups that can occur in shipping that are out of their control, so the first half of December is really just a target shipping window.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
They've said their aim is to ship before Christmas, but don't bank on it. There's plenty of hiccups that can occur in shipping that are out of their control, so the first half of December is really just a target shipping window.


This, unfortunately. I would rather manage expectations, here, than over promise on anything that could be out of our control.
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Talley
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the honest assessment. My expectations are that it will be a gorgeous game that is going to be fun to play.

Based on the pics I have seen and the video reviews my expectations have already been met
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pete truss
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
They've said their aim is to ship before Christmas, but don't bank on it. There's plenty of hiccups that can occur in shipping that are out of their control, so the first half of December is really just a target shipping window.


This, unfortunately. I would rather manage expectations, here, than over promise on anything that could be out of our control.



Is it possible to cancel my shipment 2 order? I was buying it for my sister for Christmas, however if you can't guarantee Il receive before then Il just have to get her something else
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteTruss14 wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
MAJBrown22 wrote:
They've said their aim is to ship before Christmas, but don't bank on it. There's plenty of hiccups that can occur in shipping that are out of their control, so the first half of December is really just a target shipping window.


This, unfortunately. I would rather manage expectations, here, than over promise on anything that could be out of our control.



Is it possible to cancel my shipment 2 order? I was buying it for my sister for Christmas, however if you can't guarantee Il receive before then Il just have to get her something else


Absolutely, support.riotgames.com should be your best bet of you can't log into your account online. I think our return policy is fairly generous by industry standards, too - 45 days after you've received the game?

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, do you know any more now on the probability of delivery before Christmas? Both US and EU...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tjohei wrote:
Chris, do you know any more now on the probability of delivery before Christmas? Both US and EU...


No update, yet. Want to urge caution here, though. We would (obviously) love to get orders to you by Christmas; heck, I'd love to have it in your hands tomorrow...! But 'just before the holidays' is also the worst time of the year to send a package and if shipment 1 has taught me anything, it's that worldwide logistics is an incredibly complex beast.

And I'd so much rather us lose out on some sales here than to ruin anyone's holiday.

But long story short? No update, yet.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks nontheless.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Arking
United States
Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Any update on ship date?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Also interested in how it's looking? Will every region go out the same day again, or will they just go out once stock hits the warehouse in a given region?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
Also interested in how it's looking? Will every region go out the same day again, or will they just go out once stock hits the warehouse in a given region?


Nothing set in stone, here, but if things go smoothly through customs, I suspect NA will begin shipping roughly a week before EU. This is due to when the shipments are expected to arrive at the continent - and we will start shipping as soon as they arrive (we won't hold one warehouse back so that both ship at the same time, rather we'll get units out as fast as we can). There are more orders going out in NA, though, so it should take NA longer than EU to finish getting their units out the door. And even our most optimistic estimates only have us shipping 2k units a day. So it could take 5-10 business days to get all of the orders out - and that's not an average, some units will go out right away and other units will ship at the end of that spectrum.

For the majority of people - again this is still just my best prediction based on the data at hand - I am optimistic we will have your copy delivered by Christmas. For units that are heading to AU/NZ or areas that typically have longer transit times, it is looking less likely that it will be at your door before Santa gets there. And there is still a chance that one or both shipments will run into an unforeseen complication and all of these estimates will immediately go out the window.

I'll reiterate what I've said for weeks: We want to get your copy to you by Christmas - but we really can't guarantee it. If anyone's holiday is depending on this delivery, then we'd much rather lose out on your sale so you can find a more reliable option than to ruin you or your family's Christmas.

18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Barrette
msg tools
Riot Kades wrote:
Nothing set in stone, here, but if things go smoothly through customs, I suspect NA will begin shipping roughly a week before EU. This is due to when the shipments are expected to arrive at the continent - and we will start shipping as soon as they arrive (we won't hold one warehouse back so that both ship at the same time, rather we'll get units out as fast as we can). There are more orders going out in NA, though, so it should take NA longer than EU to finish getting their units out the door. And even our most optimistic estimates only have us shipping 2k units a day. So it could take 5-10 business days to get all of the orders out - and that's not an average, some units will go out right away and other units will ship at the end of that spectrum.

For the majority of people - again this is still just my best prediction based on the data at hand - I am optimistic we will have your copy delivered by Christmas. For units that are heading to AU/NZ or areas that typically have longer transit times, it is looking less likely that it will be at your door before Santa gets there. And there is still a chance that one or both shipments will run into an unforeseen complication and all of these estimates will immediately go out the window.

I'll reiterate what I've said for weeks: We want to get your copy to you by Christmas - but we really can't guarantee it. If anyone's holiday is depending on this delivery, then we'd much rather lose out on your sale so you can find a more reliable option than to ruin you or your family's Christmas.


Do you know the name of the boat they are coming over on? Some of us super nerds like to track that stuff!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Salvato
United States
Melville
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Jdb9294 wrote:


Do you know the name of the boat they are coming over on? Some of us super nerds like to track that stuff!


Super Nerd with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal nerds!

Sorry I coudln't resist.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Riot Kades wrote:
I'll reiterate what I've said for weeks: We want to get your copy to you by Christmas - but we really can't guarantee it. If anyone's holiday is depending on this delivery, then we'd much rather lose out on your sale so you can find a more reliable option than to ruin you or your family's Christmas.



Thanks! My issue is less that I want it by Christmas, in fact I want it after, as I'll be away for two weeks over Christmas and it'll be a problem if it arrives then, so am having to put off ordering. Probably not the only one in that position.

Would be annoying if the second wave sold out after missing out the first wave because the courier lost the package...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC GB
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
I'll reiterate what I've said for weeks: We want to get your copy to you by Christmas - but we really can't guarantee it. If anyone's holiday is depending on this delivery, then we'd much rather lose out on your sale so you can find a more reliable option than to ruin you or your family's Christmas.



Thanks! My issue is less that I want it by Christmas, in fact I want it after, as I'll be away for two weeks over Christmas and it'll be a problem if it arrives then, so am having to put off ordering. Probably not the only one in that position.

Would be annoying if the second wave sold out after missing out the first wave because the courier lost the package...


Yes, you're right: that would be VERY annoying!

From my side, I don't care to receive it during Christmas or at the end of January: the most important thing for me is to get it at home in perfect conditions, and to have a tracking number (from "UPS", isn't it?) for me to follow my order during the process.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
Thanks! My issue is less that I want it by Christmas, in fact I want it after, as I'll be away for two weeks over Christmas and it'll be a problem if it arrives then, so am having to put off ordering. Probably not the only one in that position.


Can't you put a friend or neighbour's address, who will be around over Xmas?

Then it will be waiting when you get home.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Trout
Australia
Jewells
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've received a tracking number, but according to UPS they still haven't received it yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Orion3T wrote:
Quote:
Thanks! My issue is less that I want it by Christmas, in fact I want it after, as I'll be away for two weeks over Christmas and it'll be a problem if it arrives then, so am having to put off ordering. Probably not the only one in that position.


Can't you put a friend or neighbour's address, who will be around over Xmas?

Then it will be waiting when you get home.


Normally I'd consider that but given my first copy was apparently left *somewhere* by the courier, but was nowhere to be found, I'm avoiding ordering unless I'm 100% certain I'll be there to receive it in person. Riot refunded me the cost of the first game but if the second goes missing too I can see it being much more of a hassle!

I could order to where I'll be over Christmas, but trying to get that box home on the train might be difficult too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.