9 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: I don't think I'm doing this right rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norman Lee
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm getting ready for the Klingon Civil War. I'm looking through my cards and realize I may not be reading/playing some of them right.

If a card like Martok 7 or Picard 8 says to roll fewer dice and add certain results, does that mean a smaller pool with guaranteed results in it or a smaller pool as a trade-off for ADDING results?

For Example:
"All of your Klingon Upgrades cost -1 SP.

ACTION: When attacking this round, during the Roll Attack Dice step, you may roll 2 less attack dice to add 1 (HIT)result to your roll. If you have only Klingon cards assigned to your ship, roll 1 less attack die, instead of 2."

Klingon ship with PAV of 5 w/ Martok 7 and all Klingon Upgrades

If I use the action, and attack would I roll:
4 dice (5PAV-1) for a guaranteed hit on one of the four dice for a max damage of 4
OR...
4 dice (5PAV-1) with no guaranteed hits and THEN add a hit result for a max damage of 5

I've been staring at these cards for way too long and I know WK can be a little weird with their rulings on stuff like this and I'm starting to believe both are equally valid.

What are everyone else's thoughts on this. Is there a WORF ruling I missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Burris
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the case of Picard you roll one fewer attack die and get a guaranteed Critical hit added to whatever is left after the remaining dice are rolled and modified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pantner
Australia
flag msg tools
For Marktok, it would be your second example.

You roll 4 Dice and then add a HIT result to your roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Lee
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. It's far too easy to convince yourself you're playing this game wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Plummer
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
nlee04 wrote:
Thanks for the responses. It's far too easy to convince yourself you're playing this game wrong.

Especially when WORF puts out a ruling that seems counter-intuitive based on a single word or word placement. next thing you know, you are questioning half a dozen cards you thought you understood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Burris
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My "favorite" one of those has to be changing the word upgrade to card with regards to tokens triggering effects. Captain Spock on the Enterprise-A with Valtane would have been nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PicardX wrote:
My "favorite" one of those has to be changing the word upgrade to card with regards to tokens triggering effects. Captain Spock on the Enterprise-A with Valtane would have been nice.

It still is nice. There are two WORF rulings that explicitly allow such an interaction.

I know a lot of people will tell you that the Tournament rules (to which you were referring) are dated after those rulings, but the text in question was in place in an earlier version that pre-dated the forum rulings. So the most recent word from them on the subject (and again, quite explicit) says that you can trigger the Enterprise-A's text and Valtane's with the same Scan Token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:
http://win.wizkids.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7678&p=17700&...

Theres the ruling you want to reference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Burris
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoot! The last ruling I looked up on WORF looked six months older than the last tournament rules document which is 3 months older than that one. Let the combo live!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.