BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Northeast

Subject: Any Gamers in SOUTH South Jersey? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: new_jersey [+] [View All]
Paradox Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm talking about Cape May/ Atlantic/ Cumberland County. The souther the better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paradox Games wrote:
I'm talking about Cape May/ Atlantic/ Cumberland County. The souther the better.

which exit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schade
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Paradox Games wrote:

which exit?

Ugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schade
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paradox Games wrote:

Woodbury isn't that far. Tiki Tiki Board Games. Every Wed night and Saturday afternoon.

Come on out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Mantuano
United States
Hamilton Square
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scidad23 wrote:
Paradox Games wrote:

Woodbury isn't that far. Tiki Tiki Board Games. Every Wed night and Saturday afternoon.

Come on out!

And Tuesdays
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schade
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oninoted wrote:
Scidad23 wrote:
Paradox Games wrote:

Come on out!

And Tuesdays

Forgot about you GOTCHA guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dino Buffetta
United States
Wenonah
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in Wenonah so I am going to have to get over to Tiki Tiki! Is there a good crowd over there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Mantuano
United States
Hamilton Square
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbuffett wrote:
I am in Wenonah so I am going to have to get over to Tiki Tiki! Is there a good crowd over there?

There were over 10 people on Tuesday night

We played: Village, Five Tribes, Race for The Galaxy, and Hanabi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paradox Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Paradox Games wrote:

which exit?

The lower the better: 20 to Zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Mays Landing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm down in Mays Landing, not too far from Atlantic City.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paradox Games
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You're lucky to be close to Level Up in Hamilton Mall, where I buy Atari and G1 Transfoemrs I happen to be missing, and Nerdvana in English Creek. I travel from the peninsula every now and then just for those spots, and Chick Fil-A. Perhaps we met without knowing.

Anyway, send a msg if you ever come down the Wildwood way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scidad23 wrote:
Paradox Games wrote:

Come on out!

Tiki Tiki is awesome. Highly recommend. I rarely (twice per year) get out for a game night but that's where I go. Just traded in some games today actually. Great people there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Ryan
United States
Barrington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a gamer in BArrington Nj (Camden county area). I heard about Tiki Tiki - I'm going to try to visit that real soon (maybe this Wednesday. I'm looking for a game group near me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian "Langalore"
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are looking for a couple of 3 couples to get together at our house for a game night once a month or so on a weekend.
We've had a hard time getting to game groups because we do most everything together and have 3 girls - 3, 12, and 14. I have played at GOTCHA a few times in the last 18 months and have managed 2 board game nights at an FLGS. We live in the Washington Township area.

We enjoy light to medium weight games - Viticulture, Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Alhambra, Ticket to Ride & Carcassonne. Our favorite fillers are The Game and Biblios.

Anyone who sees this thread who might be interested, send me a geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schade
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you can make it on Wed! We are going to have a DJ this week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodhand
United States
GSP Exit #20 (Seaville)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings Paradox @ Exit #4, I was just down in Rio Grande yesterday. I'm originally from eastern Monmouth County (Exit #117) and always though that I lived in south Jersey after having been born, gone to school, and worked in Newark half a century ago. When my wife and I retired in 2012 she wanted to stay in NJ because of her grandkids, but I insisted on moving 'souther,' so we settled on living in lower Upper of Cape May County (Exit #20) which is close to her son's place. So we are not far apart and should get together.

I've been a member of the Meetup Groups: Boardgames_NJ, GOTHCA, and Voorhees Gamers for quite a while and one of the initial founding members of the BGG Guild: [guild=Exit 105 Gamers][/guild]. I make a point of trying to visit each one occasionally (if only bi-annually) to keep in touch with old friends and make new ones. It's an awesome experience to see a familiar face at crowded convention.

Anyway, since my family has abandoned me to my own table-top hobbies, choosing rather to try their luck in the adult games at A.C., I have sought out people and places to play board games with in the local area of New Jersey's Deep South peninsula and pine barrens. The locations that I have discovered so far are:
7th Dimension Games in Jenkintown, PA
All The Kings Men in Pitman, NJ
All Things Fun in West Berlin, NJ (temporarily closed except for satellite location at Dix/McGuire)
Atherstorm in North Cape May, NJ
Days of Knights in Newark, DE,
East Coast Games in Toms River, NJ
Family Fun Hobbies, in Hamilton (Circle), NJ
Games Keep in West Chester, PA
Hobby Masters in Red Bank, NJ
Nerdvana in Egg Harbor Twp., NJ
Six Feet Under games, in New Holland, PA
The Comic Book Store in Glassboro, NJ
Tiki-Tiki in Woodbury, NJ
Toys for Thought in Lakewood, NJ
Trotta's Hobbies in Barnegat. NJ

Nerdvana in EHT is by far my favorite FLGS because #1. it's the closest and #2. I've gotten to know the staff and many of the regular customers and it has been a great experience. Although their Tuesday Family Board Game Nights can get a little noisy and crowded with 50+ gamers all having simultaneous fun, it has always been very positive.

My preferred gaming venues are smaller, quieter, family friendly group settings that are organized by individuals and coordinated through a FaceBook Group Page called "South Jersey Gaming LEAGUE." These events are reoccurring usually on:
#1. the Last Friday of the month (TONIGHT!) from 7 - 10 pm, at he Seaview Baptist Church, #2025 Shore Road, in Linwood, NJ (just 3 miles from Exit #29 No. Bound or Exit #30 So. Bound);
#2. the third Wednesday of the month (i.e. Jan. 18th, 2017) from 5 - 9 pm, at the Ocean City Library, 18th Street in O.C.;
#3. every Thursday evening from 6 - 8:30 pm at the Cape May Court House Library on Mechanic Street in CMCH;
and #4. I believe that the Lower Township Library may also hold a Board game Night for Grownups, but I have never attended that one.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I hope this information was helpful and I hope to meet up with soon discuss other options for gaming events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.