Popular Tags: [View All]
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Do you place enmity on Arados when you raid the temple or conquer Tortosa? Unlike Rule 22 with Ker, the rules don't specify to place enmity, but the colony says when raided place permanent enmity instead of tokens.

Unless I hear otherwise, we're ruling it that since you're raiding an NPC, you just apply 1 enmity (permanent enmity because of Tortosa's special rule) per the rules for raiding island sites
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe fakelastnameson
msg tools
RULE 23 questions (SPOILERS!)

I had a couple of other questions regarding this -

The colony on Arados (Tortosa) says :

"Raids add permanent enmity instead of enmity tokens".

1. Do ALL raids everywhere add permanent enmity instead of enmity tokens, or only raids at tortosa?

2. How much enmity (tokens or permanent?) do you place for raiding and destroying the temple at tortosa?

3. How much enmity (tokens or permanent?) do you place for raiding and claiming the colony of tortosa?

4. Does destroying the Temple grant the same rewards as plundering a building at a province site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe fakelastnameson
msg tools
From JR directly:

1. Do ALL raids everywhere add permanent enmity instead of enmity tokens, or only raids at tortosa?

only at Tortosa

2. How much enmity (tokens or permanent?) do you place for raiding and destroying the temple at tortosa?

One

3. How much enmity (tokens or permanent?) do you place for raiding and claiming the colony of tortosa?

One

4. Does destroying the Temple grant the same rewards as plundering a building at a province site?

Yes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glitchy Predator
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silly follow up question. How can you even raid that structure? Nobody has ten embody tokens to use, and you have to have ten to raid the temple. What's the explanation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Denning
msg tools
The answer that seems most likely to me is, since he said you only need 1 token to raid it from them, once you manage to BUY it, NO ONE can take it back from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Denning
msg tools
So, I actually have 2 follow-up questions as well.

First: with Ker, since it's always active, do you need a colony marker on it?

Second: with "new Tortosa," after you steal it, I notice that it's a REALLY GOOD colony, but I don't quite understand the effect. It appears to be the same as normal Tortosa, but I would assume it only applies to the governor? Does it apply to all of the Governor's raids? Ask raids against the governor? Raids against the governor, but only at New Tortosa? I would assume the former -- and, given how good it is, a negative effect makes sense -- but it's still confusing.

Side note: anyone else feel like there weren't enough Enmity stickers? Especially now that we use them for Interrogations and everything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
McBehrer wrote:
So, I actually have 2 follow-up questions as well.

First: with Ker, since it's always active, do you need a colony marker on it?

Second: with "new Tortosa," after you steal it, I notice that it's a REALLY GOOD colony, but I don't quite understand the effect. It appears to be the same as normal Tortosa, but I would assume it only applies to the governor? Does it apply to all of the Governor's raids? Ask raids against the governor? Raids against the governor, but only at New Tortosa? I would assume the former -- and, given how good it is, a negative effect makes sense -- but it's still confusing.

Side note: anyone else feel like there weren't enough Enmity stickers? Especially now that we use them for Interrogations and everything?

Rule 19 has a sentence at the end that says "Place one of your province markers on the island space on the board to show ownership of an active colony." My reading is that means all active colonies need a marker. I think there's a thread elsewhere that contradicts this, but that's how I read the rules.

Not sure about any of the Tortosa questions.soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mayer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look into this discussion:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/24498780#24498780

The actual last post from Ira Fay should answer your qestion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian D

New Jersey
msg tools
So once conquered I assume the person who did claims Tortosa like normal, but does it have to be activated in future games? Or is it like Ker and is perma activated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Denning
msg tools
It didn't say otherwise, so you'll have to activate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.