Legendary: Deadpool» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scheme & Bob Card Clarifications? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
- For the "Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe Scheme" when it says "Use Deadpool as one of the Heroes" does this mean we can only use 1 Deadpool hero max?

I would assume so because it actually makes the scheme rather dangerous.

- Bob, Agent of Hydra's rare reads:

"Excessive Violence: KO up to two HYDRA and/or SHIELD Heroes from your discard pile. Draw a card for each Hero KO'd this way."

Wording it "two HYDRA and/or SHIELD" is confusing to me and others I have asked in person. Is the card saying we can KO a maximum 4 HYDRA and/or SHEILD cards? Or is saying 2 maximum?

I just feel clearer wording should have said "two HYDRA and/or two SHIELD"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Looking at the Villains manual, the intent will be:

* A total of two cards.
* If you play with S.H.I.E.L.D., then S.H.I.E.L.D.
* If you play with HYDRA, then HYDRA.
* If you play with both, then either or both.

As far as the first question, "Use Deadpool as one of the Heroes" is inclusive, not exclusive, in my interpretation. I've read that same phrase in other schemes has meant simply "make sure to include X as part of this setup, but not as an extra in addition to normal setup rules."

However, as you've noted, the exclusive interpretation would mean, apparently, that Deadpool is completely brutal, and it wouldn't be very thematic for him to kill the Marvel Universe and instead kill nobody at every Scheme Twist.

In any case, there are (so far) only two Deadpool Heroes in the game, so it isn't like you have much liberty to fill the Hero Deck with him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
TheUbiquitous wrote:
Looking at the Villains manual, the intent will be:

* A total of two cards.
* If you play with S.H.I.E.L.D., then S.H.I.E.L.D.
* If you play with HYDRA, then HYDRA.
* If you play with both, then either or both.

As far as the first question, "Use Deadpool as one of the Heroes" is inclusive, not exclusive, in my interpretation. I've read that same phrase in other schemes has meant simply "make sure to include X as part of this setup, but not as an extra in addition to normal setup rules."

However, as you've noted, the exclusive interpretation would mean, apparently, that Deadpool is completely brutal, and it wouldn't be very thematic for him to kill the Marvel Universe and instead kill nobody at every Scheme Twist.

In any case, there are (so far) only two Deadpool Heroes in the game, so it isn't like you have much liberty to fill the Hero Deck with him!

ok I just realized the new Deadpool team logo is for the Mercs for Money not "Deadpool". My bad lol

thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nimstradamus wrote:
- Bob, Agent of Hydra's rare reads:

"Excessive Violence: KO up to two HYDRA and/or SHIELD Heroes from your discard pile. Draw a card for each Hero KO'd this way."

Wording it "two HYDRA and/or SHIELD" is confusing to me and others I have asked in person. Is the card saying we can KO a maximum 4 HYDRA and/or SHEILD cards? Or is saying 2 maximum?

I just feel clearer wording should have said "two HYDRA and/or two SHIELD"

I would assume that you only get to KO 2 cards. The and/or would refer to the HYDRA and SHIELD. Otherwise it would probably say what you you have put. You may KO up to 2 cards. Those cards may be HYDRA and/or S and not have to pick one or the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Lyons
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's in line with the ruling in Fear Itself where HYDRA and SHIELD affiliations are interchangeable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.