Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shuffle non-racial heroes and wonders (along with pyramids) in one pile and set it along the game plan. Then turn 3 top cards and put them beside. Only this heroes/wonders may be built during each player's construction turn. And when is one of them built, refill the emptied place with a new card from top immediately.

-X-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Wonders and Heroes (variant)
XehutL (#24348),

I've thought about something like this and it would certainly mix things up a little from game to game. Another similar idea would be to randomly remove some number of wonders and heroes from the deck before the game.

However, I would not be surprised if certain mixes of wonders could be created that would favor some civilizations over others. For example, Egypt and Babylon are typically more defensive than Rome, Carthage, and Greece. If all of the defensive wonders were unavailable, I wonder if it might tilt the scales unfairly against Egypt and Babylon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Burgess
Canada
Oxford Mills
Ontario
flag msg tools
Re:Wonders and Heroes (variant)
robartin (#24541),

a fix for the "defensive starved nations" option would be to allow a player to return a given revealed power to the bottom of the deck (or a discard pile?) for a reduced cost -- say a set of 3 everything but the pyramids, and 9 for them?

might also make for some interesting ramifications in terms of end of game.

actually, it would mean that the political leader could now STOP (or at least delay) a "pyramids" victory...(assuming that s/he wasn't the one who was about to win).

interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.