1 Posts

WWF Wrestling Challenge» Forums » Variants

Subject: Two player variant with wrestler abilities. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Wellington
msg tools
mbmb
So this game is harrible, just harrible to play as is. So I adjusted a few things to make the game more of an actual game. I also added special abilities for the wrestlers that has to do with how they wrestled at the time of this game. So late 80's early 90's.

Each player is a manager like Henan, Hart, Slickster, etc. As rival managers you will be feuding using your stable of wrestlers. Each manager will select three wrestler. They will also take 2 of each power card. So each player has identical decks to use.

As the match begins managers secretly select their first wrestlers and simultaneously flip them. They will now wrestle a best of five rounds. Now you can choose a power card and lay it face down next to your wrestler. Roll the die then simultaneously reveal your power cards. If the player runs out of power cards or chooses not to use one then their attack is simply the die roll. The higher point value wins the round. The first to win three rounds gets the pin and wins the match. Use the belt tokens to mark rounds won. Whichever manager gets two of his three wrestlers to win their matches wins the feud and the game.

Simple, quick, and more of a game than it's original form. Adding special abilities adds to the strategies.

Hulk Hogan
No Sell: once per match the player can discard a power card to ignore an opponents power card.

Rick Martel
Spray of Arrogance: once per match player can make your opponent re roll their die.

Ultimate Warrior
Warrior Dash: for the first round the Ultimate Warrior gets a +2 to his attack roll.

Jake Roberts
Ring Psychology: Once per match player can roll two dice and keep the higher roll.

Ted Dibiase
Paid Influence: Once per match you can roll a die and subtract that amount from your opponents roll.

Big Boss Man
Night Stick: once per match the player can add +5 to their attack. The player must also roll an additional die. If the roll is a 1 then the ref saw the illegal object and Boss Man is disqualified giving the opponent the match.

Randy Savage
Macho Madness: once per match the player can use two power cards in a single round.

Mr Perfect
Perfect Planning: once per match the player can see his opponents power card before he lays his own down.

Earthquake
Natural Disaster: if the round ends in a tie then the win goes to Earthquake.

I hope that if anyone happens to own this game thy try this out. I actually have fun anticipating my opponent and playing the right cards to beat them. I'm a big fan of bad wrestling so I had to make this game work. Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.