Hide
3 Posts

Hands in the Sea» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Tyler
msg tools
Please excuse me if I missed it in the rules, but here are some questions.

1. When do cards go into the discard pile? Does it happen after each action or at the end of all actions? Is it possible to play senatorial support followed by suffate to take it back as your first action and then play it again a second time? Obviously battle cards are discarded at the end of a battle.

2. If a raid is successful and you lose control of the location do you still keep the card as dead weight/out of supply? I believe that is the case.

3. If a raid/pillage/bribe is successfully blocked does the defending card get discarded to make the block? I played that it does.

4. Can the loser of a battle choose to lose a location card that was involved in the battle instead of losing a military unit? (Rome/Carthage can't every be put back into the empire deck).

Sorry for all of the questions. Finally got it to the table for the first time today. It took a LONG time, but was fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
braxxus wrote:
Please excuse me if I missed it in the rules, but here are some questions.

1. When do cards go into the discard pile? Does it happen after each action or at the end of all actions? Is it possible to play senatorial support followed by suffate to take it back as your first action and then play it again a second time? Obviously battle cards are discarded at the end of a battle.

Each action. The only time it does not is when you send a card to a Roman or Carthaginian Battle (put in the appropriate box), the Reserves (put it in that box) or back to the empire deck (put it in that deck).

Yes, you may play Senatorial Support and Suffette and then take back Senatorial Support. That is a free action, 1 action and then free action if you play Senatorial Support again. Pretty cool move.

Quote:
2. If a raid is successful and you lose control of the location do you still keep the card as dead weight/out of supply? I believe that is the case.

Yep, you have a dead card in your deck. If you re-settle it, then it becomes active again. If the other player settles it, you hand it over to him. Give it to him out of your hand -- you do not draw a replacement, or dig it out of your discard or empire deck, or dig it out of your draw deck (and reshuffle afterwards).

Quote:
3. If a raid/pillage/bribe is successfully blocked does the defending card get discarded to make the block? I played that it does.

Yes, it is discarded. You do not draw another card. You only refill your hand at the end of YOUR action. The cost of blocking is that you are playing short handed during your round (which really sucks when they try raiding that location on back-to-back actions).

Quote:
4. Can the loser of a battle choose to lose a location card that was involved in the battle instead of losing a military unit? (Rome/Carthage can't every be put back into the empire deck).

No. When the battle ends, all location cards are sent to the discard pile. The double-sword leaders committed to the battle (Mercenary General and Dictator) are sent to the empire deck. The remaining cards are empire cards. If you don't win the battle, you lose one of those (in addition to losing the double-sword leader).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Tyler
msg tools
Thanks, now to hopefully work on lowering the playtime. It should improve as we play more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.