$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
$30.00
Intangible One
msg tools
Found it weird that the Changerbots have a card (The Touch) that says the minion loses "All Other Abilities". I don't know what's the intent here... and why it has to say "all other abilities", when it can say, "this minion loses its abilities" like every other card.

tl;dr

Does cancelling a minions abilities only cancel his written text on him, or does it cancel all his actions on him? Because those are separate cards... and they're not the MINIONS, their just actions that give the minions certain boosts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet C.
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mb
The text on a card is that card's ability. So actions have abilities, minions have abilities, and even bases have abilities. A minion's abilities are only those found written on the minion, UNLESS otherwise stated. There are a few action cards that read something like: "Play on a minion. That minion has the ability..." In this case, clearly the minion also has the ability described on the action card. So the Bruiser loses his own ability written on the Bruiser card, as well as any other abilities that are specifically assigned to the Bruiser minion through clear text such as "That minion has the ability..." The abilities written on other minions, actions, or bases do not lose their ability, regardless of where they are playe (including on Bruiser).

Can someone please confirm my understanding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Intangible One
msg tools
Sounds about right; I played a game with my friends where I had a Gelf on the base with a "The Touch" on him. Making him a +7.

My friend played potion of paralysis on my turn (i was popping the base), and he cancelled "all the abilities of minions on the base", so since my Gelf GAINED teh ability of The Touch, it got cancelled and he was no longer +7, but back to +4.

P.S. he also cancelled my f**ing Mimic's ability, effectively making him a +0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vespert Ilio
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I confirm Cheddarific's comment. Also, if the ability said "loses its abilities", the minion would also lose the talent that was activated. By saying "loses all other abilities", the minion keeps it and can use it a second time if it's on Standing Stones.
marthman9 wrote:

My friend played potion of paralysis on my turn (i was popping the base), and he cancelled "all the abilities of minions on the base", so since my Gelf GAINED teh ability of The Touch, it got cancelled and he was no longer +7, but back to +4.

I believe its power stays at 7, despite having The Touch cancelled, because the +3 power remains until the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vespert wrote:
I confirm Cheddarific's comment. Also, if the ability said "loses its abilities", the minion would also lose the talent that was activated. By saying "loses all other abilities", the minion keeps it and can use it a second time if it's on Standing Stones.
marthman9 wrote:

I believe its power stays at 7, despite having The Touch cancelled, because the +3 power remains until the end of the turn.

Indeed: the minion lost the ability (talent) to give himself +3, but the +3 he already has, stays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.