Subject: The Christensen Game Night(s) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game after reading a lot about the game. At first I wasn't sure if this was a game for me with only two riders in each team since I'm used to Leader 1: Hell of the North and World Cycling Game where there are more riders in each team. But the price for the game seemed very reasonable , so I jumped in.
The rules were quickly read and explained to my opponents (my two daugthers Tine (Green) and Mie (Red) and my son-in-law Henrik (Black)) and we started with a test stage on the flat Avenue Corso Paseo to make sure everybody understood the basic rules.

A picture from mid-race where Mie is about to move one of her Red riders.

Even though Henrik's Black team was behind must of the test stage, he outsprinted us all and took 1st and 2nd places!

Now time to get serious about the race!!!
We didn't wanted to spent to much time to make a new stage, so we went for the flat Avenue Corso Paseo again.

Ready, set, GO!
Same colors as before: Tine (Green), Mie (Red), Henrik (Black) and me (Blue)

Round 1: Team Green and Blue starts in a high tempo and only one of the Black riders can follow. Red is caught out by the side winds!

Round 2: One of the Red riders manage to catch up with the breakaway.

Round 3: The pack is all together again and the Black rouleur is leading the way.

Round 4: Going around the first bend the Blue Rouleur is taking charge of the speed.

Round 5: This time the Blue Sprinter is setting the pace and the pack is strecthed out.

Round 6: The pace is still high and Red is falling to the back of the pack.

Round 7: Red is moving forward and leaving the last places to Black.

Round 8: Blue Sprinter is breaking away from the pack. What a pace!!!

Round 9: Red is the first team to respond on the Blue Sprinter's breakaway. The Black Sprinter has gone cold!

Round 10: Red catches the Blue Sprinter and Black Sprinter comes back up to the pack. Everybody is in for the finish!

Round 11: Wouw, look at Black Sprinter! He has found his second breath (or he most be doped?)! He has taken the front and is going for the win!!!

Round 12: Everybody is going for the kill. Who will take the win?

Round 13: The Black Rouleur sets in a massive sprint and wins by three lengths. Red Rouleur is 2nd and Green Rouleur is 3rd.
What ever happend to my team - the Blue???

An exciting stage with every rider being there for the finish!

Are you ready for our 2nd stage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
At first I wasn't sure if this was a game for me with only two riders in each team since I'm used to Leader 1: Hell of the North and World Cycling Game where there are more riders in each team.

So which is the best of the 3? I own Flamme Rouge (and Um Reifenbreite, which I don't play anymore) does it make sens to get one of the others in addition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
actaion wrote:
Slotracer wrote:
At first I wasn't sure if this was a game for me with only two riders in each team since I'm used to Leader 1: Hell of the North and World Cycling Game where there are more riders in each team.

So which is the best of the 3? I own Flamme Rouge (and Um Reifenbreite, which I don't play anymore) does it make sens to get one of the others in addition?

I've only played HotN, which I found having potential as a system, but not playtested enough and in need of a lot of houseruling to get it to be tight enough for my liking. Also, the rulebook on that was just atrocious...

Flamme Rouge I found a breeze to play, fun and with also a lot of potential as a system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actaion wrote:
Slotracer wrote:

It all depends on what style you like.
Leader 1 is more a simulation, each team have four riders, with no dice rolls, where you use energy for movement. Each rider has different abilities like sprint, climber and so on. Many rules.
World Cycling Games is lots of dice rolls, each team have 3-7 riders depending of number of players and tactical cards. There is four different abilities for the riders. Easy game, but very funny.
Flamme Rougue is in between these two games. Only two riders, no dice rolls, few stages so far. The game should is easy to learn, but hard to master.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally makes sense to do your report pictorially.

Great idea. Thanks

M B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.