Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my king pledge stuff a few days ago, unboxed the base box (I'm saving the stretch goal box for later) and read the rules. Haven't played yet (but I've made plans to play on Friday). And I have to say - man do I ever regret not forking over some more cash for the KS-exclusive addons!

Anyone else feel that way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheNameWasTaken wrote:
Anyone else feel that way?

Nope. I did it the clever way and just got everything. No regrets there.

I havn't opened anything, yet (still working through the new games from Spiel 2016), so I have no idea how useful the add-ons actually are. I did manage to play the game on the fair, though, and it was a lot of fun! Very tense, too, the heroes literally won on the last turn with the last stamina expended.

TBH, I don't think you need many add-ons for the game to be fun. The most important add-ons will be those with extra scenarios.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HEEREN Xavier
Belgium
Liège
Lièe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
TBH, I don't think you need many add-ons for the game to be fun. The most important add-ons will be those with extra scenarios.

Hope, fans players ll present soon lots of scenarios ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imants Prieditis
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
No regrets here. As I see it - there is more than enough even without Kickstarter exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought at least one of everything; my only regret is not havingy pledge in hand yet. I was always told patience is a vitue... problem is seeing the unboxing has renewed my excitement!

I can't wait to get wave 2 as well. More maps, scenarios, baddies and heroes. This game seems very well done from what I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
I had those regrets when i thought about only pledging for Barbarian. Then when i saw what the project would turn out to be, i went all in and...the good news for you is that you won't need too much space to store it all, while i'll need a whole library once wave 2 hits home
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My regret is that I didn't order anything beyond the Kings Pledge and the KS Exclusives. I wish I would have ordered the Paulo Parente box, the Black Ones and the Kushite Warriors at the very least. Now I have to wait until they are available for retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
No regrets here, so far, other than not living in Europe so I could have it in my hands by now. I went with a King pledge, all the KS exclusives, and a few other add-ons. I don't miss the artist boxes (yet), and the dragon looks so underwhelming I'm glad I passed. I am happy to wait for retail on the big box expansions -- my regret will only come if they never make it!

(I suppose I regret not buying multiples of the KS expansions to make a killing on Ebay...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N. P. P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I have it in hand I do indeed regret not getting some of the extras available, but even so there is a lot of stuff to play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Nope....

We get SO MUCH STUFF. I've learned a few years ago that KS Exclusives are for suckers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Riverol
Spain
La Laguna
Tenerife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of regrets but little money. I went for the King's Pledge plus Campaign book only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered the King and all KS exclusive stuff. If I don't like the KS exclusive stuff I can sell it, but if you want it after the fact you are going to pay through the nose! (Guess I'm a sucker for saving some money).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am very happy to have backed this game, still don't have it. I went with the first barbarian level and I have no regrets. I really think the game should be great and I am seeing myself playing it a lot and for a long time but there is already so much stuff even in the base box that i am not eager to have more. If I grow tired of the map and scenarios I will eventually buy an expansion but I even doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blson
msg tools
No regrets! No overpriced minis.
You could get a Barbarian Pledge for less than the price of 3 dragon minis addons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.