Darklight: Memento Mori» Forums » General

Subject: Support for stretch goal funding as expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. O'Brien
msg tools
mb
Hi Guys,

I wanted to see what everyone (including our esteemed overlords at DiG)thought about the idea of setting up a range of the stretch goal options that were set up in the original project as extra purchase expansion kits (including gender sets); you see I really want to use my small cash reserves to invest into this amazing game full of lore and diabolical terrors, yet there are some amazing games emerging on Kickstarter and elsewhere which my limit my ability to do my part for the cause! I would be happy to spend the same amount again on a variety of the stretch goals as well as the gender options if it meant opening up the world to the deeper world of intermundis, but that's just me. Feel free to chip in, I might just be going on a tangent here but I just want (need) to see so much more of this game, I can't help myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian m
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I am just going to wait for the game to show up at my doorstep. When it is successful and rocks my socks off, then I will back the inevitable expansion Kickstarter. And it too shall rock.

Let it be spoken. Let it be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Vault dweller wrote:
Hi Guys,

I wanted to see what everyone (including our esteemed overlords at DiG)thought about the idea of setting up a range of the stretch goal options that were set up in the original project as extra purchase expansion kits (including gender sets); you see I really want to use my small cash reserves to invest into this amazing game full of lore and diabolical terrors, yet there are some amazing games emerging on Kickstarter and elsewhere which my limit my ability to do my part for the cause! I would be happy to spend the same amount again on a variety of the stretch goals as well as the gender options if it meant opening up the world to the deeper world of intermundis, but that's just me. Feel free to chip in, I might just be going on a tangent here but I just want (need) to see so much more of this game, I can't help myself

Did I hear someone summoning my presence?

So first of all, it is always awesome to see this kind of enthusiasm about Darkliht, it really helps a lot with the morale and makes me want work even harder so we don't let you guys down, so thanks!

Now explaining our situation. Before Brexit, we had a certain budget that was growing each day as more backers poured in, but these days that budget is shrinking because the pound is falling drastically, so our hands are tied and are getting squeezed by the day.

I would LOVE to be able to offer the alternative genders as stretch goals, but let's consider the fact that 4 miniatures will require at least 1 new mould, which to be covered we need to think of £6000+ at least. That means that if we offer 4 heroes as an add on, we need to sell tons to even cover the cost of the mould (like 500 copies) and what happens if we sell only 50? Well we end up losing let's say £5000 which with how tight our hands are, this is a massive loss.

Not all hope is lost however. When we have everything ready from China and our manufacturer, we can see how much money is left and HOPEFULLY add more choices for you guys to purchase.

We just want to make sure we have enough money to produce everything we have promised first before going too much into the unknown.

Grim Warden's out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. O'Brien
msg tools
mb
laugh I like the sound of that HOPEFULLY!! it's not a guarantee by any means but at this stage i'll take whatever i can get!
Thanks for the input guys, patience is a virtue in these cases - keep up the hard work at DiG and we'll keep chatting on about whatever we can to keep ideas and concepts flowing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.