Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone interested in a group buy for the Saboteurs -

This game looks great but I think it needs the extra player interaction that the Saboteurs bring and it would be nice to have Sabs with different powers and abilities. However to do this you need to buy the $45 add on for all the different minis, which gives you 4 of each. But judging from the various comments you just don't need 16 sabs in one game.

So what I propose is buying the $45 set of 16 sabs, then splitting them into packs of 4 (ie 4 different minis each). So if you would like one of these mixed packs of 4 let me know and I will send you a set once they are released.

I am in the UK, and our exchange rate is going all over the place at the moment, so assume somewhere between £10-15 for the set including postage (to the UK, happy to ship elsewhere but the costs willbe different) I'll finalize the price once I get the charge on my credit card following the pledge manager.

Reply below or geekmail me if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling that many people who buy a set will want to sell off, at least, two of each of the different saboteurs, as I also can't see where you'd need/want to have four of each. After all, they were basically an afterthought and the core game was designed to be played (in a reasonable amount of time) without them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play with 3-4 players, wouldn't you need all the cards to make sure each player can buy the same saboteur?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edgar Gallego wrote:
If you play with 3-4 players, wouldn't you need all the cards to make sure each player can buy the same saboteur?

It would be a lot more competitive if there was just one (or two) of each type that the players would have to fight over. Also, I'm not sure I'd want the game to turn into an arms race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
I am contemplating at 50/50 split if anyone is interested. I am located in Columbus, OH, USA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And anyone from Spain??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger C
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Minds are the real estate of the 21st century
badge
I especially like the flip of the board.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in a split!
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon calleja
Malta
Siggiewi
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
@Jeffrey Nolin. Saboteurs were there in the early game but we decided to remove them as testers preferred to avoid direct conflict. The game then evolved without direct conflict in it. The Saboteurs in the Kickstarter were then updated to fit the final rule-set. So no, they were not an after-thought.

I'll upload the Saboteur rules on BGG for you guys to have a read. If you have only 1 saboteur of each type you will have a static selection that will always be the same. I wanted a more dynamic economy of Saboteurs and hence the need for having more of each type. Reading the rules should make it clear why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.