Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lost Zombivors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Johnson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
When you guys have a lost zombivor spawn how do you guys have them function amid the rest of the horde. The rules have them as a 5 wound zombie with highest targeting priority but my group has never felt satisfied with how they work. We've tried a couple variations of lost zombivors such as letting them use skills, weapons, equipment, etc and act basically like a player zombivor, but we've found this overpowered since they have the protectiom of a wall of zombies between them and the survivors.

So how do you guys play your lost zombivors (not player aligned zombivors but the spawn card zombivors)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
highest priority means they are targeted before any other zombies so they can never be protected by a wall of zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Johnson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
By protected I mean we cant reach them but they can reach us. They can move freely amid the zombies we cant. So they can scrounge uo something like a comet launcher or molotov on the other side of the map using the zombies as a living wall preventing survivors from being able to neutralize the threat. They frequently then show up and either kill 1-2 survivors immediately or TPK the party if we are really unlucky. We've been playing around with it but cant ever seem to get them in a satisfying spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's what I do:

When I spawn a Lost Zombivor, I draw a random pimpweapon. A Lost Zombivor only gets one activation each turn just like a normal zombie. So it will move if it is not close enough to attack, but if it is in range to attack with it's pimpweapon, it will do that instead (if it can target multiple areas, the players will choose where it shoots).

It still needs 5 damage points before it dies. But it has special rules to determine how it takes damage. When you attack it, all the dice are used to determine if it takes a hit, and the damage level of the weapon is how many damage points it takes. For example, say you have a 1 damage weapon that allows you to roll 3 dice. You roll all three dice, and if you get at least 1 hit, it takes 1 damage. Extra hits don't count, so basically 1-3 hits causes 1 damage point. So the way it works, the more dice a weapon has, the higher the chance it is to hit, and the more damage a weapon has, the more damage points it can cause at once.

If you're using a ranged weapon, then the Lost Zombivor is still at the top of the priority list. If you're in it's zone and you are using a melee weapon, or something like a sniper rifle to attack, then you have to decide before rolling the dice whether you're attacking the Lost Zombivor or not, since all dice will still go towards attacking it. You can't score 5 hits with a chainsaw and decide only 1 will damage the Lost Zombivor and the rest towards other zombies so you don't waste them. It's either all or nothing against the Lost Zombivor.

Whoever kills the Lost Zombivor gets 1 experience point as in the rules, but they also automatically get the pimpweapon as well.

Using these rules, it's made it a little more challenging then the rules published, and you get awarded with a pimpweapon instead of getting to look through the entire deck for a card of your choice (which saves a lot of time when you have every set available).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Johnson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I like that, will work especially for when multiple zombivors spawn. Though I might modify that to just drawing a card at random and that's what they have. Will make some generally less threatening (knife, crowbar, etc) and others more dangerous (Auto Shotgun, Molotov, etc). We sometimes have 4 or more running around if we are really unlucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.