Subject: eating out in/near Faversham rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I will be visiting Faversham and Canterbury in a couple of weeks and as we're staying near Faversham, I was wondering if any locals can recommend good places to eat.

In particular, I am looking for a good Indian restaurant. Google turns up four of them in the Faversham city centre, but we don't mind a short drive to another place if necessary.

Besides good food, the most important thing is that the staff is a bit knowledgeable - I can take a fair dose of chilli, but my wife wants to be sure that 'not spicy' is actually that

From what I gather, The Raj seems to be our best option, but The Empress of India down in Sitingbourne also gets very good reviews.

Cheers,

Bart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just moved away from Faversham, but lived there several years.

For an Indian I'd recommend the award-winning Spice Lounge in Preston Street - probably my favourite Indian I've ever been to, the food is fantastic.

For other restaurants - you have Reads which is a top-end Michelin starred restaurant, and the Sportsman (a lower key Michellin star), although I much prefer Reads personally.

If you want something less elevated, but still really good, then try Possilipo or the Albion - both in Faversham.

Don't touch the Chinese restaurant in the high street, but the Turkish place isn't bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fish face
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sportsman. Book as soon as possible in advance (like 3 months)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flyingfish wrote:
The sportsman. Book as soon as possible in advance (like 3 months)

You can often get into the Sportsman at a week or two's notice off-peak (not Fri-Sun, not Mothers Day, Valentine's Day, etc...). Fri/Sat nights are about 3 months notice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nibble Wut?
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
Do you worship Cthulhu?
badge
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had to pick a personal favourite from that general area, then I'd go for Bengal Spice in Sittingbourne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.