Next War: Taiwan» Forums » Rules

Subject: ASW/ Submarine level rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dom S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am playing Red Dragon Rising (standard rules) and on GT8 I make a contested sea roll in the Ryukyu in the Allies favor which forces a PRC SAG to retreat to the Taiwan Straits sea box. As per SSR 7.4.3 I do not adjust the submarine level for this retreat until the reinforcement and replacement phase. Is this the way the rule was intended to be written? There is no mechanism with the counter set to keep track of this during the turn (obviously I could write it down). It seems a retreat would give an immediate benefit (e.g. starting in the next movement phase).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rambone151 wrote:
I am playing Red Dragon Rising (standard rules) and on GT8 I make a contested sea roll in the Ryukyu in the Allies favor which forces a PRC SAG to retreat to the Taiwan Straits sea box. As per SSR 7.4.3 I do not adjust the submarine level for this retreat until the reinforcement and replacement phase. Is this the way the rule was intended to be written? There is no mechanism with the counter set to keep track of this during the turn (obviously I could write it down). It seems a retreat would give an immediate benefit (e.g. starting in the next movement phase).

That's a good point. Adjust it immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks again for the quick reply! In the standard scenario the Allies need all the help they can get in the beginning to get those precious Amphs to the Straits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.