Popular Tags: [View All]
Ibrahim Rodríguez
Venezuela
Caracas
flag msg tools
I like turtles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

Is the rulebook translated into English? Does someone have a quick overview of the rules in English?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi!

Here is a general take on it that I did for myself. It's pretty rough but I think it should help you understand how it works. If this violates any rules, please let me know and I will take it down.

Noch Mal Rules:

Noch Mal! is a game where players tick colored boxes on their player board attempting to fill up columns and areas of one color.

Players always choose a combination of color and number dice, then the mark the appropriate contiguous boxes in the that color.

Players may take dice right out from under you. You have many choices as your ticked boxes spread across the board, earning bonus points for being the first to complete columns and all boxes of one color. The game ends when a player completely marks all the boxes of two colors, but you can still “Try Again!”

1 GAMEPLAY

Determine Start Player.

This becomes the active player who will roll all 6 dice. The active player then chooses selects a combination of 1 color and 1 number die from the dice thrown, which he takes to the side and uses for marking boxes on his sheet only. All other players are only allowed to choose from the 4 remaining dice combinations (color and number cubes) after which they choose to tick the appropriate boxes on their sheets.

Several players may choose to use the same combination of color and number of cubes from the 4 remaining dice not chosen by the current player.

IMPORTANT: During the first 3 throws, each player may choose a combination of one number and one color die from all six of the thrown dice to select a combination of exactly 1 color and 1 number dice and check the appropriate box on his sheet. Players may choose the same combinations.

BEWARE: A player can always pass, declining to use a die roll to mark boxes on their sheet. Should the active player not tick any boxes on their sheet, the other players may choose from all six dice that were rolled.

Selecting Dice and Ticking Boxes

To tick boxes, a player must always choose a combination of 1 color and 1 number die. If the player chooses, for example, a yellow color cube and a number cube with the value "4", it must tick 4 contiguous yellow boxes.

OTHER RULES:

A player's very first throw must always be set in the Start column H.

All crosses, must always contiguously and orthogonally in a selected color block.

Crosses must be horizontally or vertically adjacent to at least one already ticked box or set starting in the Start column. Box that touch only diagonally, do not count as adjacent.

You must tick the exact number of boxes indicated by the die.

A color block of several boxes need not be filled completely in a throw.

You can never tick more than five boxes in one throw.

On a throw the value of a die may not be split up in order to tick boxes in two separate color blocks of the same color.

The number on the dice and the black on the color cube are Jokers (see JOKER).

EXAMPLE:
Inka throws :. She decides to join then it crosses this 5 yellow boxes (A). That's okay, because the first field is located in the Start column and every 5 fields are contiguous. In the first 3 throws players may all choose from the same dice. Alternatively, they have 2 other options. You could also tick the two orange boxes (B) or 2 fields from the blue 4th block (C). 4 blue boxes would not be possible because the number always completely must be used.

NOTE: To cross the 2 remaining boxes in the blue 4-color box, the player needs in later throws
one or 2x a He cannot select a larger number and divide the union in order to tick boxes in two fields of different colors.

EXAMPLE:
After several throws Inca has just ticked the 3 blue fields and thus fills a column. She announces to the table: "Column E is full." She circles 2 points. The other players emphasize the 2 by, they can in column

JOKER
The question mark on the number dice and the black cross on the color cube are Jokers. If a player chooses one of these, he is allowed to choose for themselves an exact color for black crosses and a number from 1 to 5 on the number die.

ATTENTION: Players may never choose the number 6, even if there are 6 empty boxes to tick.

IMPORTANT: For every wild symbol(? or Black X), a player uses, they must eliminate 1 exclamation mark on their sheet. Once all Exclamation marks are used, players may not use wilds any longer.

COLUMN VALUES

Whenever a player manages to fill a column complete with crosses, he receives the points indicated below this column. After all players have ticked the boxes on their sheets, the player who completes a column announces it and circles the points they earned.

If a player is the first to complete a column, they will circle the top score. All remaining players mark out the high value on their sheet. All subsequent players can only reach the lower point value for this column.

Players who complete a column and earn the lower value do not need to announce that they have scored.

A player may throw and choose 2 Dice with Joker symbols (1 question mark and 1 black cross).

In this instance, the player will need to cross out two exclamation symbols on their sheet.
There are not all 5 crosses contiguous.

IMPORTANT:
Only the upper value of a column is deleted. All other players still have the opportunity to claim a lower value.

Players may complete multiple columns in one throw.

If all players complete a column during the same throw, they may all announce it and they all earn the top score, circling the top points for that column.

After each player has had the opportunity to choose a dice combination, tick their corresponding boxes, and declare all completed columns, the active player passes the dice to the player clockwise from them and that player makes the next throw.

BONUS POINTS
If a player is the first to mark all fields of one color, they announce that they have done so, circling the 5 points in the corresponding color. All remaining players eliminate the 5 points for this color, but can still earn 3 when they complete all boxes of that color. If multiple player complete all boxes of a color simultaneously, they may all take the 5 point reward.

STARS
Every unticked star on a player’s board is worth -2 points at the end of the game.

PLAYING
The game ends immediately after the roll in which a player manages to circle their second color bonus box. If this is the active player, all other players may still take their turn as usual, choosing dice and ticking boxes. Thereafter, the points of each player are determined.

EDITED: Corrected rule about splitting a rolled result between two separate boxes of the same color per discussion below.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Garrett
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
www.garrettsgames.com
badge
This week's podcast - Circus Flohcati, Pi Mal Pflaumen, and Pack O Games Set 2
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Alexander. I THINK that the second to last rule under 'Other Rules' that reads:

On a throw the value of a die may be split up in order to tick boxes in two separate color blocks of the same color.

Should actually read:

On a throw the value of a die may NOT be split up in order to tick boxes in two separate color blocks of the same color.

That would make more sense given some of the other rules.

The NOTE under the example seems to say my modification.

I MAY be wrong, but hopefully someone will clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! I wasn't sure about that either, as I could kind of see them letting you do that to work your way across the board more broadly to work on scoring the further columns but I may be wrong about that.

There was a little bit of video from the BGG coverage the other day, and I thought I saw them do this. I will give the video another look when I have a chance. We just got our copy yesterday, so learning the correct rule will definitely help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I checked again and you are correct, you may NOT split a throw for two boxes. I think I broke up the text oddly in my Translate box and I got a weird result.

Good call, I should Edit that. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ibrahim Rodríguez
Venezuela
Caracas
flag msg tools
I like turtles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to have this translation available, thanks!

I have one question. You roll the dice, and after your roll you decide you want to use a blue 5; can you use it to cross out a block of two blue squares and not using the 3 pips remaining from the die?

Or in this specific case you could only use a blue 2 or blue 1 to cross out the block of two blue squares?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, the way we understood it was that you needed to be able to tick the number of boxes on the die for a color or you couldn't make that move.

This happened towards the end game last night for us where we had marked out a lot of the big areas early and had trouble rolling low enough numbers to mark out the stray boxes that were hanging around which made for an interesting challenge.

After playing this I can say we really liked it a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex B
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for posting the rules. One question: what is the "!(+1)" bonus? How does that work, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello! So every time you opt to take any kind of a wild(black X or white question mark) you have to mark out one of the ! symbols below, which means that you have a finite number of times you can pick a wild.

For every exclamation point you didn't opt to mark out, you will be rewarded with a point.

In the game we played, it was pretty hard not to use the wilds, so neither of us got any bonus from that, but perhaps with better luck one might pull it off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex B
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you. A good little game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You're quite welcome!

I really would love to see a US company pick this up for distribution in the States. It seems almost funny to say, but this is the sort of game that Target would make a ton of money selling, especially given the success they've had selling games like Qwixx.

This is probably going to be seeing a lot of table time in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex B
United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alexx9811 wrote:
I really would love to see a US company pick this up for distribution in the States. It seems almost funny to say, but this is the sort of game that Target would make a ton of money selling, especially given the success they've had selling games like Qwixx.

Yes, especially if it had slightly larger write-wipe boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander K
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Helixx wrote:
Alexx9811 wrote:

Yes, especially if it had slightly larger write-wipe boards.

Totally agree about that. We actually have a laminator and we are going to laminate several sheets and use our own dry erase markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
Is it possible to translate the solo rules on the back of the rule book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexx9811 wrote:

EXAMPLE:
After several throws Inca has just ticked the 3 blue fields and thus fills a column. She announces to the table: "Column E is full." She circles 2 points. The other players emphasize the 2 by, they can in column

What does this last sentence mean? What do the other players do when someone marks off a finished column?
It sounds like they cross off the that # and can only get the bottom of that number (from later in the rules?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkingnu wrote:
Alexx9811 wrote:

EXAMPLE:

What does this last sentence mean? What do the other players do when someone marks off a finished column?
It sounds like they cross off the that # and can only get the bottom of that number (from later in the rules?)

Yes, correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkingnu wrote:
Thank you!
Is it possible to translate the solo rules on the back of the rule book?

From google translate it looks like you play as normal but you are limited to 30 turns. This is counted on each turn by marking a half cross in the letter column (see rule book illustrated example). As there are 15 columns this will measure 30 turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I uploaded a rule book in English. Check it out, provide feedback?

Alexander, i definitely referred to your rules more than a couple of times, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.