$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Why? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Turl
msg tools
Why are some people buying copies off Ebay for £120-130 when its still in stock on the official site for £80 delivered?

Am I missing something?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tunachunk wrote:
Why are some people buying copies off Ebay for £120-130 when its still in stock on the official site for £80 delivered?

Am I missing something?


Are people actually buying the game on Ebay, or is it just for sale at those prices?

What's "In Stock" on the site is a preorder now, that will ship in December.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Either they can't wait for next Wave, or they live in parts of the world that Riot doesn't ship to yet.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the next wave won't be out until December. Riot even admitted they'd like to have it ready for Christmas, but they can't guarantee it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kostool13 wrote:
Either they can't wait for next Wave, or they live in parts of the world that Riot doesn't ship to yet.

I think this is it. There were many countries that couldn't Order and this is their only recourse. Much of Asia, Eastern Europe, Africa and South America weren't in the shipping areas.

It's too bad that folks are ripping them off, but I guess it's better than not having the option if you live in those areas. I was going to try and Secret Santa someone a copy before hearing about the 1 order limit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
kostool13 wrote:
Either they can't wait for next Wave, or they live in parts of the world that Riot doesn't ship to yet.

I think this is it. There were many countries that couldn't Order and this is their only recourse. Much of Asia, Eastern Europe, Africa and South America weren't in the shipping areas.

It's too bad that folks are ripping them off, but I guess it's better than not having the option if you live in those areas. I was going to try and Secret Santa someone a copy before hearing about the 1 order limit.


Honestly I hate scalpers, but I've gotta comment.

No one is getting 'ripped off'. Things are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If someone is willing to pay $500 for a copy of Mechs, then it was worth it to them. No one is 'forced' to buy this game, your life won't end if you don't have it.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Null Field wrote:
Also, the people selling this game on ebay during the botched first day of sales were certainly trying to take advantage of Riots problems and could have successfully manipulated the marketed so that people wanting the game would have to pay $300.


No, they couldn't, there were perhaps a few dozen of them and there were 30,000 games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Null Field wrote:
As I said in my OP: "Luckily Riot sorted out it's problems before that was able to happen.". If the problem had continued, your primary option for buying would have been ebay for the $300 price it was being listed for on the first day of sale.


I'm not sure what you mean here. They were selling 2,000 an hour even with the "problem". And anyone trying to buy the game for resale had the same problems as everyone else with getting their orders through. The biggest problems with scalpers are for things like concert tickets where you can use a bot to buy thousands of tickets in seconds.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The title just makes me think this:

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.