Popular Tags: [View All]
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all partecipants of Essen Fair which enjoyed with us the Virus game launch!

Particularly ty to all people which tested the game with us! Was a great experience!

I am happy and ready to reply to your questions and discuss any idea about Virus game :-)

Ciao!
Michele
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Apel
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michele

I picked up Virus@Essen, including expansion, 3d-walls and german language pack. Didn´t had that much time to play till now, but it´s a very innovative, ambitious design and seems like a lot of fun. Looking forward to play more and share my impressions. Just wondering why there isn´t much chat about the game so far here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Teichmann
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks Michele

Picked up my KS edition, walls and some sleeves in Essen. Looks great so far, this weekend we will finally have time to try it out ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
I was sad I couldn't go and participate! Sadly no time for the over seas travel!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm here if you (or other players) have any questions :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Proudly picked up my pledge with walls and language pack at Essen, very keen on starting to play! Hope I find time this weekend. Thanks a lot for being so active here on BGG, good to see!

EDIT: One question popped up while unboxing – is it correct, that the language pack contains just the base game cards, not the hero expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fluidkarma wrote:
Proudly picked up my pledge with walls and language pack at Essen, very keen on starting to play! Hope I find time this weekend. Thanks a lot for being so active here on BGG, good to see!

EDIT: One question popped up while unboxing – is it correct, that the language pack contains just the base game cards, not the hero expansion?

Language pack contains also Hero expansion cards, but only cards with text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Michele, I will check later today! Glad to hear that I do not have to mix decks in different languages. Have a great weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All cards are translated, you were right! Thanks!

A few more questions:
on the KS page it says that 80.2k were raised, and all stretch goals have been unlocked. But the campaign mode at 79.999 is still red coloured (meaning locked) and I don't find it in the rules either. Will there be a campaign mode some day?

Clues: do I understand correctly, that if the information on a clue card conflicts with another clue we already have, that BOTH cards (the new one and the one we already had) are discarded and there will not be drawn a new clue? So we lose that clue completely and have to find it all over again? Thematically it makes sense (it was a rumour that turned out wrong), but as we tested drawing 3 or 4 clues I a row to understand how it works, this happened quite often, so it seemed difficult to us!

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Lazov
Macedonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the game at Essen and it is quite a design, so many cool stuff that work perfectly together, my friend picked up the game and can't wait to play again. Also big props to the demoer, great explanation of a huge rule set in a very short time. I wish you great success with this game, it sure has what it takes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One more question: on the KS page it says that 80.2k were raised, and all stretch goals have been reached. But the campaign mode at 79.999 is still red coloured (meaning NOT reached) and I don't find it in the rules either. Will there be a campaign mode some day?

Yes, I made it.
I will put it online as soon the playtesting will be completed. This is the last add of crowdfunding campaign, so it required a bit more time :-)

PS. Ty Filip, crossing fingers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot, that is great to hear! Take your time, we'll be busy playing the regular version long enough!

BTW: You just ninja'd me, as I edited another question into my post concerning clues. Didn't think you are up that early on a Saturday!

We did the rules and tutorial yesterday, today it's time for the first real game. Seems like lots of fun and heavy decision making, love that! Replay value seems to be endlessly high, so much variety!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I missed it:

Clues: do I understand correctly, that if the information on a clue card conflicts with another clue we already have, that BOTH cards (the new one and the one we already had) are discarded and there will not be drawn a new clue? So we lose that clue completely and have to find it all over again? Thematically it makes sense (it was a rumour that turned out wrong), but as we tested drawing 3 or 4 clues I a row to understand how it works, this happened quite often, so it seemed difficult to us!

Yes. it's correct.
Remember you can change clue spending 2 Advantages
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob ter Linden
Netherlands
Made
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
TafelTOP.nl
mbmbmbmbmb
And thank you!
Didn't know about the game, I am glad I found out about this game.

I bought and tried a trial run on my own.
Still doubting if I like the timed element but hey you can play it without timer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MatRoc
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on when the KS version is expected to be shipped for those who dod not make it to the fair?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.