Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
When i play a skill that say "max 1 commited per test",
I assume i cant commit any other card for this test but can an other investigator still help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I thought it was just one of those cards.. But I am not sure now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nightwishpower wrote:
When i play a skill that say "max 1 commited per test",
I assume i cant commit any other card for this test but can an other investigator still help?

Yes, it just means only one copy of that card can be committed to a test. You can also play other cards, just not two copies of a max 1 one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What Kelly said. One of that card, by title. You can add any number of other cards unless other limits are in effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I assume it applies to the whole group. If you commit Guts, neither you nor any other player can commit Guts to the same skill test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Poor wording on the card i think.
Why not something like max 1 commit of this card per test ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
“Max X per [period]” imposes a maximum across all copies of a card (by title) for all players. Generally, this phrase imposes a maximum number of times that copies of that card can be played during the designated time period. If a maximum includes the word “committed” (For example, “Max 1 committed per skill test”), it imposes a maximum number of copies of that card that can be committed to skill tests during the designated period.
Rules Reference, page 14
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nightwishpower wrote:

Actually "Max 1 of this title committed per skill test." would be closer.

As to why, I think there is a mindset among card game designers and developers that with limited space they must reduce everything to as few words as possible and then write paragraphs of technical explanation in the rules instead.

This view seems to hold sway even when there is room on a card for more text because you just never know when some card will run out of room and therefore to be consistent with the wording (which IS important), they try to minimize every statement as much as possible on every card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you, my next game will be easier now lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
nightwishpower wrote:

Actually "Max 1 of this title committed per skill test." would be closer.

As to why, I think there is a mindset among card game designers and developers that with limited space they must reduce everything to as few words as possible and then write paragraphs of technical explanation in the rules instead.

This view seems to hold sway even when there is room on a card for more text because you just never know when some card will run out of room and therefore to be consistent with the wording (which IS important), they try to minimize every statement as much as possible on every card.

I feel like making it "Unique" would have made it more obvious. But, then there would be inevitable questions about it staying in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudeman Blarg
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The wording of these cards always read weird to me. I wish they worded it better and actually used the card name as well instead of the generic wording they have now. Example: Unexpected Courage could read: "Only one Unexpected Courage can be committed per test". Much clearer IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.