5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: enable ad banner rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martina Rohwedder
msg tools
mb
I'd like to see the ad banners below the the search line and on the right side again. Since updating firefox they are gone. I don't have any ad blocker running. Can anybody help me? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly suspect this is happening at your end and not at BGGs.

Have you ever used an ad blocker? Have you got any third party add on running? Try disabling them and viewing the site.

Any better?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Firefox (Mozilla, really) has decided that Flash is so dangerous in 32-bit Firefox that they keep turning it off. It's a "feature".

You can go to the ≡ menu, pick Add-ons, pick Plugins, and pick Always Activate--and Flash will be active until the next time Firefox decides to turn Flash off.

Or--I haven't tried this--you may be able to switch to 64-bit Firefox, if your operating system can handle it.

Look at the Firefox help pages for more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martina Rohwedder
msg tools
mb
Hi,

thank you for your answers. I do not have any ad blockers or third party add ons. And flash is always activated. Any other ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to the ≡ menu, pick Add-ons, pick Plugins, and look for Flash. What is its status? Does it say "(disabled)" next to the name or is the right column "Never activate"?

If it's not disabled and still set to Always activate, I don't know. You could try contacting Firefox support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.